Two years later

Sanji's heart was pounding as he stepped upon the island, a backpack slung over his shoulder. He lit a cigarette and glanced around the town.

A woman here, a woman there.

His eyes skipped over them all searching for green mop of hair. She probably hadn't arrived yet. She wasn't the best with directions, after all.

He couldn't help but feel nervous.

Two years had passed.

Two years since he had last seen the girl he had fallen in love with. Two years since he had seen her disappear. Two years since she had revealed herself to everyone. Two years since she had confessed to him.

Okay, so it wasn't exactly a confession. She had admitted being jealous of Sanji's actions towards other women. Still, that was a lot considering it was Zoro.

He didn't have time to respond to her. For two long years she was on his mind as he trained. For two long years he debated what how to respond to her.

Funny. Somehow, he couldn't remember what he had planned to say.

==========

It would figure she'd wander off and get lost. The whole crew had pretty much gathered together, except Zoro. She was the first one on the island, miraculously, but no one had seen her in a couple days. Impatient, Sanji went in search of the swordsman. He started checking all the bars in the area.

At the third bar, he saw a flash of green. He turned his head to see long, flowing green hair on a woman at the bar. He paused, staring at her back. Had she really grown that much in two years? She sure had filled out a lot.

He straightened his tie, cleared his throat, and walked over. Trying to appear casual, he leaned his elbow against the bar and grinned.

"Hey there." He greeted. The girl turned towards him and flicked back her hair. She giggled and stared back at him with startling blue eyes. Not Zoro. Definitely not Zoro.

"Still chasing tail?" Came a voice from a table on the other side of the room. Recognizing the voice, Sanji stood up quickly and looked over at Zoro who was reclining back at a table with a beer in her hand. He froze.

She had kept her hair short, though it was a bit more floaty then before. It's short style allowed easy viewing of the most striking difference of the swordsman, her scar covered left eyelid.

In a flash of wisdom, Sanji didn't reveal his mistaking the other girl for her. He stuffed his hands in his pockets and walked over.

"Nah, I got a thing for scars." Sanji teased, causing Zoro to laugh loudly. Damn, she is perfect.

Zoro patted the seat next to her and slid her beer over for him. Her skin was much more tanned than before, and Sanji could tell she must've been training a lot these past few years. He sat next to her and downed the beer, sighing contently before looking back at her.

"Did you get stronger, or just primp your hair the past two years?" Zoro asked, leaning her head back against the seat.

"Stronger than you, I'm sure. I'm not missing any body parts." Sanji replied, looking her over. She was wearing a long green coat without a shirt underneath. The bindings across her chest were now openly exposed to the public.

"Gotta give them a chance. I'd be too overpowered otherwise." She cautioned, then kicked the table back and stood, gesturing him to follow as she walked out the door.

"Yeah yeah, I'm sure you did something stupid, didn't you?" Sanji guessed and grinned triumphantly when he saw a blush alight on the swordsman's face. She narrowed her eyes at him.