第9集

- Riyang pov -

I coughed as my lungs hurt, every inch of my body in pain as I lurched forward, choking on myself and spitting up blood. I had told my servants to not tell my husband, for I wanted him to live happily without knowing I was ill, but I could tell by their faces they wanted to scream it out and cry to their master about my illness.

"Mama, are you feeling better?" I turned to see Feifei looking at me with her big, wondering eyes full of concern. I smiled weakly and brushed her hair back from her face.

"I'll be alright. Don't worry about me, my love. Go find your brothers and ask for a lesson in the arts today, okay?" I softly said, coughing again into the bucket provided for my needs.

"Your Highness, His Majesty has arrived." A servant announced, making me shuffle as I tried to hide my sickness as he came through the door.

"Yuan, I'm not feeling good today. I haven't even out on my make up yet." I said, covering my face as I tried to hide the blood still dripping from my mouth.

"Riyang, I know you've been sick for some time. Why can't you tell me what is happening so that I can see if I can help you?" He softly asked, hugging me as he revealed my lips to his sight.

"I'm fine." I replied just as I start coughing again.

"It's poison, isn't it?" He asked, earning a fearful pout from me as he guessed his answer. "Are you doing this to yourself?"

"I wouldn't purposefully drink poison, even if I disliked my living situation. I, I have affection for you as if you were my own blood, and I wouldn't want to leave my children behind in such a cruel manner." I explained, looking down in shame. "But they've been serving me this tea for years now. There's no point in trying to fix it when I know it's too late."

"Who? I will take care of them." He questioned, looking as is he was trying to calm his anger. I lightly out my hand upon his chest, bracing myself on him as my legs wanted to do anything but support my stance.

"It's no use. She's already exiled. But she has servants who are loyal to her despite her no longer being in the palace." I answered, making him tighten his fists.

"Huali or Lin Lin?" He asked, earning a chuckle.

"I want to see Yixing. I, I don't know how much longer I have for this world. I'm sorry, Yuan, but can you please fetch him for me?" I answered, changing the subject as I sat down, no longer able to stand up. He kneeled in front of me, looking at me with pain in his eyes.

"Can't I be the one you love?" He begged, showing his fragility as he started to cry, the first time before me in a long time. He took my hand and placed it upon his lips, giving it a tender kiss. "Please, can't I have your heart this time?"

- Yixing pov -

I walked down the hall with a nervous heart. Yuan's servant said it was important that I visit Riyang today, and it made me fearful of what would happen. Did Yuan finally get mad at her not loving him? Did something happen to Feifei? These thoughts ran through my mind as I quickly traveled to her residence.

"You've arrived?" Yuan stated, smiling sadly at me as he greeted me at the door. I mirrored the smile as I greeted him in return.

"What is the matter that I must pause my royal duties as King to see you and your wife, my dear brother?" I asked, both knowing I'd rather do anything with Riyang than do what I was born for as Crown Prince.

"She, she didn't tell you either?" He returned the question, making my heart waver more so as his voice broke.

"What's wrong with Riyang?" I asked, walking past him to see her weakly smiling from her bed, looking as if death had his strong grip on her. "Riyang, what's the matter?"

"She's been drinking poisoned tea for at least three years now. Whatever is was, it's strong enough to kill her this quickly rather than the several years it would take according to the medical books." Yuan explained, looking heartless as he turned towards his wife, my one and only love. "This fool didn't tell a soul what was going on."

"But, why? Riyang why would you drink it?" I looked to her for an answer. She smiled and stretched out her hand, beging for mine to be placed within it's grasp.

I looked to Yuan for permission, before taking her hand in my own. I felt her coldness and weak pulse, and knew she was barely clinging on to life. It made my heart clench, knowing I could've stopped it if she had told me when it first began.

"I need to tell you something. It's a very serious and important matter I've been hiding for a few years now." She softly said, looking to Yuan with a saddened expression as she took a breath.

"I give you permission to reveal your secrets, my love." He quietly replied, making me heart wrench again for her as she started coughing again.

"What is it that you need to tell me? Can't we just sit here and hold each other for a while?" I asked, making her smile, weakly chuckling as she gripped my hand a little tighter.

"It is a very important matter that you must know of. My heart will not rest in peace unless you know the truth of this matter." She whispered, eyes closing for a second as she tried to organise her thoughts as best as she could.

"My love, should I tell him? You should rest now. We'll be here with you the entire time you need us." Yuan asked, earning a shake of her head.

"I need to do it." She looked back to me with a heartbroken smile as she wheezed a bit more. "Yixing, I need to tell you. Feifei, my little angel, she is your daughter."