第2集

- Riyang pov -

I stormed into the court with a wave of fuming anger as I walked towards to hall my sons were being held.

"Mama!" I looked at the younger with a look of anger, making him pause in his running towards me.

"Shuyang, what did I tell you about leaving the house?" I asked, making him how his head in shame. A man came up to me with a glare.

"Fang Riyang?" I nodded and he handed me a paper listing the things the children took. "You will have to talk to the emperor himself about the jade stolen from the Queen's residence."

"You went to the Queen's residence?" I questioned, making the child fall to the floor.

"Mingrui ge wanted to save you from your life and brought me through the alley to the house. I didn't know anything, mama. I'm sorry." He cried, whimpering as the man grabbed him.

"Where is his brother?" I asked, making the man sigh.

"He showed the boss a bit of attitude, so he was whipped. He's lying in the other room, healing." He answered, pointing his head in the direction of my child.

I took Shuyang and ran to the room, letting out a sudden sob when I saw my child, bloody and unconscious upon the bed.

"Why must you be so bold, Mingrui, my son?" I asked, holding his head as I washed his wounds. "Why did you want to rescue me so much that you took this risk?"

"My lady, if I may ask, what is your occupation? Your dress appears to be one of a consort." The man asked as he entered the room.

"You have guessed correctly, my Lord. I am a woman from the House of Petals Brothel." I replied, sighing as I looked to the ground in shame. "My children are a secret, and I know I raised them wrongly in this manner. My apologies, my Lord."

"Come tomorrow, and you can pick up your children after speaking with the emperor." He softly said, feeling sorry that he had to do his job. I nodded and smiled, trying to hide my tears from my younger son as I hugged him.

"Be good, okay? I'll be back tomorrow. Take care of your brother." I softly said, ruffling his hair and smiling fondly at him before taking my leave.

As soon as I left, I dropped to the ground in tears, knowing that we could all die for my son's careless actions. I loved them dearly, and the thought behind the action was a worthy one, but he did it the wrong way, and we'll have to pay the price somehow. I prayed the king would be generous and kind to us.

- Shuyang pov -

I flinched when my brother moaned in pain. I stopped cleaning his wound and looked at his face, sobbing as he made eye contact with me.

"Gege, I'm so scared," I whispered, making him groan as he turned his head, examining our surroundings.

"How long was I asleep?" He asked, wincing as he sat up.

"A few hours now. Mama stopped by. She has to talk to the emperor and beg for us to live after stealing the Queen's jade pieces." I replied, making him chuckle.

"We're in the palace? That's interesting." He answered, making me groan with frustration. "What? It's a really fun experience even if we won't live to remember it."

"Gege I don't want to die!" I shouted, making him look to me with his round eyes. "I'm scared and you're taking this whole thing as if it was a fun game!"

"It's time." I flinched as the guard came in again, giving us a soft but firm look as he waited for us to follow him out of the room.

I carried Mingrui on my side, helping him limp down the hall towards the courtyard where we would stand trial. I was frightened for my life, but I put on the best face I could as I made eye contact with my mother, who was sobbing crazily as we came into view.

"Mama, what's wrong?" I softly asked, waiting for her reply as we were placed beside her. She held us close and looked to the man on the throne with a fiery glare.

"You cannot take my sons away from me. I will not let you." She stated, cold and calm as she held our hands tightly.

"I can kill you and take them anyways." He replied, making me whimper as his cold eyes stared into my own. "Which one of them is the elder?"

"The one that was beaten to near-death by your guards." Mama spat, still glaring at the man in the throne as he looked to his guards with anger.

"You dare hurt a son of the throne? Where is the one that beat him? I'll have his head." I looked to Mama in confusion as Mingrui mirrored my action.

"What does he mean?" Mingrui asked, stuttering as she looked to the ground.

"He means that he is your father, Mingrui. You're a prince, my son." She softly said, pain flooding from her lips as she held us close.

I watched as my brother fell to the ground in shock, unable to process how the man before us was my brother's father. He looked old enough to be our mother's father. It didn't make sense to me at all.

"I can see you are all a little shocked. As my son, he will reside in the palace from now on. He will learn from his elder brothers on how to behave and become a strong man." He said, making my heart clench. I stood up and faced him with a face of determination as I locked eyes with him.

"You, you will not take my brother away from me," I said, firm in my stance but my words shaky with fear. My mother grabbed my hand, but I shook her off, wanting to do this on my own. "He is my blood. You will not take him."