Issue #18 "Death Will Have It's Day"

This is the official end of Act 1 of this story (There are three Acts). Do me a favor and before moving onto the next chapter, vote for this one would you? Instead of reading through and just jumping to the other. I'd appreciate it.

from The Amazing Spiderman 2 

Issue #18 "Death Will Have It's Day"

"You are unequivocally grounded, Keegan Junior," Mom said, furiously pacing up and down the living room

"You are unequivocally grounded, Keegan Junior," Mom said, furiously pacing up and down the living room. You would have sworn she was a super by the way the ground seemed to shake as she walked. I was so afraid that I had begun to clench Dad's hand on the couch. He didn't fight it. "You are grounded so hardcore that your children will be grounded."

"I'm a superhero, Mom," I groaned. "Can the two of you just accept that fact?"

"No," they both said, Mom angrily, Dad with a tired touch to his tone. "I will not accept it," Mom said. My eyes were to her shoes, because I didn't dare look in her eyes. Her bunny slippers that I bought her for Mother's Day last year, around the time Dad had left us for Molly.

"Why not?" I asked, I begged. I tightened my grip on his hand and Dad tightened it back. Either out of retaliation or comfort, I wasn't sure which. "Why can I not be a hero? What else am I supposed to do with these gifts?"

"Bury them," Moms said. She had stopped pacing, if her shoes were any indication. Her feet were pointed toward me and she came closer, stopping just in front of my sneakers, the mouth of her shoe kissing mine. "Bury them as deep as you can because once you have chosen that life, you reject the old one." There was a pause. Her hand crept under my chin and my head was lifted up to meet her eyes, her brown eyes. "I know loss better than almost anyone," she said and this time Dad's hand tightened without me doing it first. "I know pain and betrayal and death and you are all have left to remind me that this life is worth going on."