Issue #6 "Extreme Makeover: Life Edition"

"No Capes!" - Edna, The Incredibles 

 Issue #6 "Extreme Makeover: Life Edition"

Superboy drives a jet black 1967 Chevrolet Impala. He said that he saw it going for 6,000 in the paper and bought it. He had parked it right across the street from me and somehow got into my room without being caught.

Its things like this that make me wonder just who in the blue hell was Superboy? Was he even named Superboy? Because I gave him that name, and what were his powers, exactly?

I should've asked him, but I knew I’d just get a snide remark out of him and he would drop the topic.

“I’m a huge Dean Winchester fan,” he said, smiling as we shot down the highway. “Dude’s a freaking badass.”

“It smells,” I mumbled.

Because I was peering out the window, I didn’t see it directly, but I could see him look over and rolling his eyes in the reflection. The glass was tinted, almost illegally so, and so his face was clear.

“You try fighting a tyrannical overlord who is trying to take over the world and be bleeding while you’re trying to escape. Then tell me about the smell in my car.”

I raised a brow. “Where are you from?”

He paused. “That’s classified, Keegy.”

I groaned. “Oh come on, you’re going to have to tell me things about you at some point.”

“Well, that point is far from now,” he said, speeding up to overtake a caravan.

I was hardly nervous. I’d driven with Donny and if you survived a car ride with Donny behind the wheel without throwing yourself out of the window,  then you’re not afraid of anything.

“Right now, we have to get you a decent supersuit so we can start your proper training.”

I looked at him, shifting my entire body in his direction. “Where exactly are you going to get me a supersuit?” I asked.”Wal-Mart? Does target have an entire supersuit collection by Gwen Stefani?

“Ow,” he chuckled, snorting in the process, “Keegy, baby, come on, do you have to be a sass master everyday of your life?”

He turned off of the highway, turning the exit really sharply, barely missing the highway’s metal barriers.

He just laughed at me. Literally. He’s laughing that I slightly fear for my safety. I unconsciously found myself gripping my seat belt.

 “So,” I exhaled, readjusting myself once he had cooled down the speed and we were now entering the downtown area. “You’re not the best driver, I see.”

He shrugged. “It’s not that I’m a bad driver, it’s just that I’m better at flying.” He briefly looked over before resettling back on the road. “It’s like a stick shift. You can drive, but stick shifts make you look have no idea what you’re doing.”

I nod, very slowly. “That…made sense…I guess.”

“And I also don’t have a driver’s license.”

I inhaled, he shot right, I gripped the dashboard when he stopped suddenly and nearly crashed into an elderly woman trying to cross the street. Luckily, she fell backwards when she saw him and he was able to shoot left.