[12]

nobody knows this little rose —
it might a pilgrim be
did I not take it from the ways
and lift it up to thee.
only a bee will miss it —
only a butterfly,
hastening from far journey —
on its breast to lie —
only a bird will wonder —
only a breeze will sigh —
ah little rose — how easy
for such as thee to die! -Emily Dickinson

only a bee will miss it —only a butterfly,hastening from far journey —on its breast to lie —only a bird will wonder —only a breeze will sigh —ah little rose — how easyfor such as thee to die! -Emily Dickinson

here comes shakespeare

The dead poets trudge down the hallway, in a sort of connected, clumped mass. Knox and Charlie lead the group, talking about soccer plays, and the upcoming practice. Neil and Todd follow closely behind, throwing around whispers and laughs about an unknown topic. The four others follow, arguing about the previous night's trigonometry homework.

"Cameron! I'm telling you! It is due today! The worksheet is due today!" Angeline is exasperated, leaning on Steven's shoulder as he softly guides her down the hallway.

"You're joking! There's no way! It was only assigned yesterday, there's no way! You're so wrong." The girl flicks the boy on the arm, to which Cameron holds his arm dramatically. "No need for violence Angeline!"

Pitts shakes his head, and pats Cameron on the shoulder. "I'm pretty sure the worksheet was due today." Meeks nods his head in agreement.

Cameron groans. "I haven't done it yet! This can't be happening!"

Angeline giggled, and pats the boy's shoulders. "Don't worry Richard, I'll give you mine during English. You'll have enough time to copy it down." She pauses as Steven squeezes her waist. "Just give it back quietly please, Charlie's theatrics almost got me expelled."

"And we wouldn't want that." Pitts's tone is light and full of sarcasm. Angeline laughs. Meeks smiles and lets go of the girl's waist, switching to inconspicuously holding the girl's hand.

"No we would not."

The group entered Mr. Keating's classroom, taking their respective seats. Steven places Angeline's books on her desk, and flashes her a large smile. The girl smiles back, and feels a blush make its way across her cheeks.

"Thanks Steven." The boy shrugs his shoulders and sits in his own seat.

"No problem Ang." The boy toys with his glasses and fumbles into his seat. Angeline blushes again, and focuses her gaze on the front of the classroom, where Mr. Keating stands, holding a book in his hand.

"A man is not very tire, he is exhausted. And don't use very sad, use—" He cuts himself off, and glances around the room, his eyes resting on Knox, who has his eyes closed.