Ch. 15: Revelation

A/N: Please have your comment(s) be respectful and mindful for other viewers, my work, and myself. Inappropriate/rude comment(s) will be deleted. Using profanities will depend on the type of comment(s) you make. Unable to respect my conditions will have me muting or even reporting you.
_________________________________
"I was thinking you might not show." said Makoto after Akira, Ryuji, and Ann came up to the rooftop to meet her just as they agreed to. The noiret had put Yusuke on the line to quietly listen in on the meeting.

"So, whose heart do you want us to change?" Ann asked with a narrowed gaze.

"... A mafia boss." the brunette answers with seriousness.
"Mafia?!"

"What're are you talkin' about?!" exclaimed Ryuji.

"That's what they call themselves. This group seems to be the cause of phishing schemes." she explains. "What's worse, once you're in their sights, they won't stop threatening you until they get what they want. They'll force you to take part in their scams, threaten your family, and ultimately destroy your life."

"Holy shit..."
"It appears that their victims include some of our students."

"No!" Ann gasped.
"They primarily target juveniles."

"What's the boss's name?" asked Ryuji, brows furrowed.
"Nobody knows. The victims are being threatened not to testify, so even the police can't get a grasp of the situation."

"That's where you want us to start?!" Ann looked exasperated.

"If you're really the righteous Phantom Thieves, you should be able to pull it off.." Makoto lightly jeered. "Or is Akechi-kun correct in that you act without justice?"

"Aren't you a piece of work.." scoffs Ryuji.

"Can't you say something witty back at her?" Morgana whispers to Akira.

"'Something witty'." he says, straight-faced.
"... I knew you were gonna say that!"
"So where can we find them?"
"Now you're being serious?!"

"Their main hub of activity is in Shibuya..." answers the third-year. "That's all the information I have. You have two weeks. Once that has passed, I'll submit all the evidence I have to the police and the school." she eyes the three evenly. "I hope you don't let me down..." with that Makoto went back inside the building.

"She really had the upper advantage in this exchange..." frowned Morgana.

"It can't be helped." the teen artist finally spoke after hearing the brunette leave.

"'Don't let me down'.. Damn it, she's only bossin' us around to do her bitting.." Ryuji scowls.

"Come on, we should meet up with Yusuke." the feline said.
__________________________________
You stared quietly at one of the slideshow screens in Shibuya station, meeting eye to eye with Rise's 'Sapphire' poster. With her closed eyes and peaceful smile, she held a calming demeanour. Her blue spaghetti strapped dress matched the blue border behind her, highlighting her appearance. Even after high school, Rise's appeal hasn't changed after being a successful idol.

"(Y/N)..?" a familiar deep and quiet male voice spoke out from behind you.

Knowing who it was, you turned around to see Akira in all his glory, with hands in his pockets, body nonchalant. Though there was a gleam in his charcoal eyes when peering at you behind those spectacles of his.