Ch. 11: Awaited Visit

A/N: Please have your comment(s) be respectful and mindful for other viewers, my work, and myself. Inappropriate/rude comment(s) will be deleted. Using profanities will depend on the type of comment(s) you make. Unable to respect my conditions will have me muting or even reporting you.
_________________________________
The newly formed Phantom Thieves of Hearts' next target was Natsuhiko Nakanohara, who they had successfully taken down. Though this was their second time fighting a Palace Ruler, they won without much struggle. Compared to Kamoshida's Shadow, this one took less time to defeat. Possibly because the former PE teacher's distorted desires weren't joined with Mementos.

It gave the group a small surprise when Shadow Nakanohara asked if they could change the heart of his former teacher, Madarame. Who apparently uses his students. When the Shadow disappeared, Mona wanted to show something to the trio.

Heading back to the subway tracks, everyone climbed back into Mona's bus form.

"What'd you want us to see?" asked Skull.

"It's an area just further down." he says. "That platform we saw earlier should lead us there."

"Wait, you and Spectre have been here before, right? Don't you two have a map of it or something?"

"A map would be pointless. The layout changes every time you enter. Mementos is the fused cognition of countless people. It constantly shifts no matter what."

"It makes sense," responds Joker as he drove. "Everything about this place is unpredictable. The distorted desires of the public would be the reason why."

"Correct. Our destination should be pretty close, just a little more up ahead." Mona informed.

They came to one of the train stations where an escalator was at the end. From there, the thieves stood in the walkway of two trains running on either side.

"All right, this is what I wanted you guys to see!" he told them, pointing up ahead. "It's just pass there!"

Moving to give a closer look, a wall stood in front of the sidewalk. The red glowing lines made a form of a giant curved diamond in the center, with thinner lines over it, the columns, and the floor in detail. The columns on each side were stacked from tallest to shortest in numbers of four.

"What is that? It's kinda creepy." noted Panther.
"And a dead end at that. Why's it even exist?" Skull adds.

Joker only gazed at it silently. His brows were furrowed in deep wonder as he examined everything.

"Now hold on... Just watch. This is no ordinary wall. If my hunch is correct..." Mona reaches out to touch the wall, causing a loud sound to echo from it, startling the thieves. The diamond had then gone up, with the other parts of the wall following suit, revealing a passage with a wide neon green lit up sign.

"It opened..!" Panther awed.

"So it's a hidden doorway?" inquired Joker.

"𝙰 𝚗𝚎𝚠 𝚊𝚛𝚎𝚊 𝚑𝚊𝚜 𝚋𝚎𝚎𝚗 𝚌𝚘𝚗𝚏𝚒𝚛𝚖𝚎𝚍 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚍𝚎𝚙𝚝𝚑𝚜. 𝚄𝚙𝚍𝚊𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚐𝚞𝚒𝚍𝚊𝚗𝚌𝚎 𝚒𝚗𝚏𝚘𝚛𝚖𝚊𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗."

"See?! Just as I thought!" Mona smiled.
"What do you mean?" she asked.

"That wall wouldn't budge when I came here by myself before. I didn't have time to show Lady Spectre this place, so I'm not sure if she knew." elaborated the feline. "But it'd be weird for the deepest part of Mementos to be some normal place like this, wouldn't it?"

"You were thinkin' there had to be more, right?" Skull said.

"Precisely! Now that Kamoshida's Palace is gone and people are actually starting to talk about us.. I knew something had to be down here!"