Strange

STRANGE

CHASE & WAYNE

It was a cold winter night when a strange occurrence happened to Chase.

The snow was falling and Chase was trying to disappear inside his winter jacket and scarf to keep himself warm. There were a few people in the street and all of them seems to hurry to get home. It was almost ten o'clock in the evening and he was just going back from high school. His thesis paper kept him in the library until late, but he needed to finish it for his teacher. He wants to get a good recommendation for college. He wants to get into his dream school and he is doing everything that he can to enter it.

He knows his dad can get him admitted in an instant because they are rich but he wanted to get in with his own merit. He just can't let his parents spend money on him just to get what he wants. And besides, his parents love their job more than they love him.

He flushed the thought of his head and started thinking about his thesis paper again. But thinking about his paper again brought another irritation.

The feeling suddenly flares inside him when he remembered the other student who is also doing the same thesis topic as him. It was his classmate who he always competes with. It was that arrogant Wayne who thinks he is superior to everyone. He even looked down and smirked at Chase when he met him in the library because he is still rushing to finish the paper when Wayne passed his two days before.

He lets out a groan. He is so tired and thinking about that arrogant dude won't do him any good.

Tapping the snow off his boots, Chase arrived in front of his apartment. It was a two-bedroom apartment that was given to him by his parents before they went to some foreign country. As usual, they were so engrossed in their work that they just shoved the apartment down my throat so they don't have to worry about me being alone in their house. A housekeeper just weekly comes to clean the place but other than that he lives alone. Such good parents they are.

'Dammit, why is my head full of depressing thoughts?' Chase chided himself. 'I am blaming the exhaustion and the weather.'

He took out the keys in his pocket and unlocked his door. Heat welcomed him and he sighed in relief. It was a good thing he left the heater on or he would've been left shivering inside his own damn house until it's heating up.

Taking his outer gears off, he shook the rest of the snow that clung into his hair and enter the living room. He flops down the sofa and closes his eyes for a bit. The exhaustion is catching up to him fast and all Chase wanted to do is sleep. His plan was interrupted when his stomach growled in hunger. Probably because he hasn't had any proper meal since morning.

Getting up against his will, he made his way through the kitchen to make something to eat. He was thinking of eating cup noodles because it was easy to cook and it will be nice to eat something hot with this weather. But as he passes his bedroom door, he heard strange noises coming from the inside.

All of a sudden he became alert and all the exhaustion and hunger he felt disappeared. There shouldn't have been anyone inside his apartment. The housekeeper wasn't due to come until later that week. Even if it was the housekeeper, they wouldn't be coming this late.

Chase grabbed the baseball bat he kept inside his cupboard and made his way in front of his bedroom. Cautiously, he put his hand on the doorknob and slowly twist it. He didn't want to alert the person inside his room and blew his cover.

The strange sounds grew louder as he opens the door. He peeked inside and he can see the silhouette of two people on his bed. He can't make out their faces because of the bright light coming from the window on the opposite side of the room.