Dreaming

DREAMING

SEBASTIAN & DAKOTA

I was lonely that I can tell you. I've been in this town for about 4 months and since then I've hadn't got any action of some sort. It was like my life came into a standstill. Before, in my old hometown, I can get anything to anyone I want. I felt like I was the king of the world, everything and everyone is at my beck and call, and that is saying something because I was an openly proud gay.

Maybe because it was the money that was talking or maybe I am just a fool for thinking that everyone loved me. Well, in fact, they all whisper poisonous words behind my back. I didn't expect that, honestly. I really felt like everything is fine but being stab in the back without me looking is one heck of a painful experience.

It finally dawned on me what is happening around me when I decided to go to a friend's party that I said no to before. It was a surprise to all my friends that I'll be there since my parents canceled our family dinner. But damn, I wished I didn't go.

When I got to my friend's house the party was full-blown and everyone is in the pool area where the main part of the party is going on. I was going in the back when I heard it. Insults, profanities, degradation, and many more are associated with my name. They called me a slut, a no-brain moron, a fuck-up guy and many more things that are not really for anyone's ears.

They didn't see me and I didn't want to, it will just crush me and I don't want to break down in front of my so-called "friends". It'll be more humiliating if I did that. So I did one thing that I am very familiar with, I run away. No one saw me after that, not even my parents but I did leave them a letter that I am okay and just needed time alone. I got money from my bank account and transfer to the other side of the country.

Now I am here in my apartment sulking, though it was time for me to get ready to go to school.

I enrolled myself at a community college nearby so that I can still finish my degree in communication. It was not as posh and private as my previous college but at least I was away from home.

In less than ten minutes I am ready to go. I got my gym bag with all my swimming equipment since there will be a practice after class. One thing that I did love in this college is that they had like a swimming club sort of team where you can be trained by a coach. It was not a massive swim team that can compete but it is a good way for me to pass time and being surrounded by guys only in tight trunks is really not a bad idea.

All-day in school is a bore. It feels like today is one of those days where everything is at a snail pace and every professor wanted to torture you. I was glad that the day is over and it's time for the swim practice.

I changed immediately inside the locker room and raced out to the pool. What I really need is a good swim to loosen all the frustrations in my body and I am willing to go laps after laps just to achieve that. Good thing the coach had the same thoughts as me because after the usual warm-ups he set us by three to swim 10 laps each, just what my body needed.

After my turn, I decided to sit on the edge of the pool and watch the others to do their laps. It really fascinates me how humans looked like they are flying whenever they are on the water. It was truly amazing.

When I heard a clatter near me my eyes quickly averted to the source and my lips just stretched into a smirk.

Well, you see we had this new freshman on the team whose name is Dakota. He is really cute and his name just fits him. Dakota is around 5'5 with golden blonde hair and light green eyes. He is tan like the rest of us in the team but a tad lighter. He just joined the team a week ago and still on probation. The coach is making him arrange the towels for the team, he brings water and energy drinks and cleans after.