Restrained

RESTRAINED

KENDALL & LUCAS

Kendall is having a dilemma. This problem has been bugging him for three years and it seems like it has no plan on going away – ever. His mind has already been filled with thoughts on how to solve it but nothing is coming into mind. But recently it seems like finally, he might have a solution to his problem.

If you may ask what is Kendall's problem is, it is not simple and very complicated. He fell in love. He is already thirty-three years old and the person he fell in love with is only turning eighteen. If the age is not enough of a problem, that person is also his adopted kid and also a guy.

Being gay was something that Kendall didn't really question about himself. He just knew that he was attracted to men and his parents accepted it and for that, he was very happy. His life was pretty much perfect that was until Jerry had a kid.

Jerry was Kendall's best friend, partner-in-crime and a brother from another mother. They knew each other since they were in diapers and until they reached their high school years. They do everything together – doing their school work, playing the new video game that comes out and going to parties. One will not be seen without the other – they are attached from head to toe – and they love it that way. Jerry also accepted Kendall when he came out and nothing has ever come between them

They were fifteen then when Jerry started getting distant from Kendall. Sometimes he didn't even go to school for days and being his best friend he became worried. Even Jerry's parents are getting worried about their son's behavior.

One day, Kendall tried to follow Jerry when the boy skipped school. They ended up in a small neighborhood and Jerry entered an apartment building. Kendall cannot get in without knowing anyone from the building so he waited outside until Jerry decided to go out. It was already dark when his best friend emerges from the building. Once he was out Kendall cornered him and asked what is happening to Jerry and why is he in that apartment. He assured his friend that he will be listening and will understand whatever is happening.

What Jerry confessed shocked Kendall, his best friend impregnated some college chick from a party that they went to. Jerry didn't know that the girl was five years older than them and he was too drunk to put on a condom when they did it. After a month the girl found Jerry and confessed that she got pregnant. She explained that she never had sex with anyone after their encounter and the doctor confirmed that the baby was indeed conceived on the day they had sex. His best friend accepted it and both of them wanted to keep the baby.

The girl already told her parents and she was kicked out but it was good that her friend let her stay with her in her friend's apartment. Jerry was terrified of what will happen if he told his parents. They were very strict and wanted Jerry to do everything to be a perfect son. Kendall knew that Jerry's parents will surely not approve of this.

That night Jerry cried and cried. Kendall, can't do anything but hug his friend.

A few weeks later, it did not come out as a surprise that Jerry was kicked out of their house. He confessed everything to his parents. They wanted Jerry to abandoned or abort the baby but when Jerry refused they kicked their only son out without second thought.

Jerry quit school and started working. Kendall didn't leave his friend and offer any help he can to ease Jerry's pain. Jerry and Shayne started living together and helping each other in keeping ends meet. Kendall was proud of his best friend. Jerry was responsible and even though their baby is still inside Shayne, Jerry already loved the little peanut.

After seven months, Shayne gave birth to a healthy and bouncing baby boy. They named him Lucas Samuels. Lucas was loved by both his parents and Uncle Kendall was also always there.

Three years after a tragedy hit them. Kendall just graduated and was off to college when he received the news. Jerry and Shayne were involved in a car crash and were dead on arrival. Kendall was shocked. Lucas was left that day in daycare while both his parents are at work. He cried that time not just for himself because he lost his best friend and brother but also for Lucas because he will grow up without his parents by his side.

Lucas was crying at the daycare that time and no one can stop him. It was when Kendall came to pick him up that the boy finally stopped. That day Kendall became determined that he will care for this boy. He was eighteen at that time but he adopted Lucas. His parents supported his decision and he juggled college, part-time and caring for Jerry's child.