📷🌳|📷⚰Double Birthdays

[Platonic 📷🌳, Romantic 📷⚰]

The hallways were eerily quiet. Too quite, in fact. It made Joseph's heart feel like it was being dried up in a desert. His chest felt like a single raisin in a chocolate chip cookie. Had he been too eager? The merry skip in his step had vanished.

That's right, it was required to pump your birthday up yourself. To remind everyone until their ears bled. He didn't feel like boosting his ego. If there really wasn't anything happening today, it would perhaps pop instead of the steady deflating that was happening currently.

There wasn't any reason to worry. They were probably in the dining hall. They were waiting for Joseph to wake up. They would surprise him the second he walked into the room.

He opened the door.

The usual quite morning chatter and clanking of silverware against porcelain dishes. No extra greetings, no cake.

They had forgotten. Again.

--

It wasn't unusual for Joseph to be aggressive in matches. He was an inpatient person towards those he felt irritating, who was almost everyone he used formalities for. Just the slightest noise from clearing your throat could make him groan in annoyance.

His irritation was one of the reasons the host gave him unusual damage compared to other hunters. His previous experience with handling long blades was another factor. He knew what he was doing in matches. It wasn't just something he started doing ever since he arrived.

Today however, he didn't respond when the dancer greeted him. It took her by surprise. Their greetings were normally mutual before a chase started. His focus immediately shifted onto taking her down.

It didn't take long today. Margaretha was a good counter to Joseph's chase, since they often get caught up in idle chatter. The dancer didn't take any chances with that today. He was angry, and that wasn't good from their team.

Margaretha was tied into a chair rather carelessly. He treated her like he would a broken doll.

With the click of a camera, he was gone. In just ten seconds, another survivor was taken down. Then another, and another. The match was embarrassingly short.

Even when Joseph got back to the manor, it seemed nobody had still figured out what day it was.

"Great work today." "That was so cool!!" "You shown 'em!"

He couldn't stay angry at Robbie, however. He reminded him too much of his own brother when they were younger. His gaze softened for him and he smiled.

"Thank you, Robbie."

"One day I'm going to do that cool thing too!" Robbie said, as he bounced out of the room after Joseph.

Mary glanced at Joker, who looked just as confused as she did.

"Did we do something?"

--

Joseph couldn't forget. It was Robbie's special day too. The way nobody remembered Robbie's own birthday made them stick together for the rest of the day. Robbie even refused following Jack to the kitchen for cookies.

Joseph was busy sketching out a portrait of the headless boy while the latter lay on the floor, busy doodling a picture of his favorite brother. Crayons were scattered about the wooden planks and a small clank could be heard every time one was placed down.