📷⚰"A Cute Boy Asked Me.."

Glasses clinked together and chatter filled the room. It was Valentine's day, and obviously couples were celebrating together. The hall would have been filled with groups of two, which it primarily was. The only exception was the platinum blond man sitting at a table near the corner.

He wasn't a wallflower. He was far from that. The man sitting there was actually watching people. Well, he was watching someone.

The cute waiter who always adorned a black face mask, which matches his uniform. Sure, his attraction might only be physical, but the demeanor this waiter gave off was especially adorable.

Our protagonist, Joseph Desaulniers, had only talked to the unnamed waiter long enough to fill thirty minutes of dialogue over the span of six months. Was this creepy? Of course. But he was only seen as a regular. He never overstepped the line between a creepy man and friendly customer.

The waiter spoke in a shy, quiet voice when he first served Joseph. Over time, confidence noticeably grew within him and he started to stop his fellow colleagues from serving Joseph. Oh, that change made Joseph all the more interested in this young man. Perhaps what Joseph really needs is to meet more people instead of fanboy over a waiter from his local café.

The cute waiter was poking his head out of the kitchen when his eyes met with Joseph's. How adorable. He got embarrassed and pretended he was looking at somebody else as well. Joseph would get up right now and pinch the waiter's cheeks if he could.

A waitress named Demi, which Joseph knew because of her nightly singing performances, came out from the kitchen and made her way towards Joseph's table. It was obvious she was making her way towards the blond. Her eyes were trained on the man at the table.

A chocolate cake was placed down on the space in front of Joseph, right next to the vanilla latte he always orders. The cake was decorated with dark chocolate and had a strawberry cut into a heart shape. The way the white frosting was swirled onto the cake made the dessert resemble a spider's web.

"A cute boy named Aesop asked me to give this to you," Demi said with a wink. Well, her eye was stuck with a permanent wink, but the meaning behind it still stands. The light scent of bourbon left as the woman left. Joseph could feel a smirk creep up onto his face. So the cute waiter boy's name was Aesop?

Indeed, the cake was as sweet as it looked. It would taste even sweeter if he could get a good look of Aesop right now, who was still hiding in the back. As much as Joseph would like to tip the waiter personally, he couldn't. He wouldn't even come out when Joseph asked for his bill.

In the end, he asked Demi to give Aesop a forty dollars out of the eighty dollar tip he had given. Of course, he only referred to Aesop as "him". Having confirmed he already connected the dots would perhaps scare him away.

He could wait. Next time, he would even ask Aesop if his kisses were as sweet as his cake.

-•-

[Word count: 539]
[Date completed: 02/13/20]