📷⚰Stubborn? Who's Stubborn??

The room was.. definitely stuffy. It felt like being covered in a layer of snail slime. It was not breathable and Aesop's pores were suffocating.

Aesop walked over to the window. It was deliberately closed, since he knew Joseph would always open up the curtains in the morning, even when he felt terrible. Joseph didn't like staying in the dark, but it was already two in the afternoon and they still weren't opened. Aesop just opened the window to allow fresh air to circulate, leaving the curtains as they were.

The glass of water next on the bedside table was not touched since he came in with breakfast. Even the food was cold and untouched. The toast was undoubtedly soggy from the butter it absorbed and wouldn't be suitable to eat.

Aesop checked Joseph's temperature, and his wrist burnt from the heat. The action must have disturbed Joseph, since the sickly stirred in his sleep.

Aesop was about to leave to grab Emily from wherever she was when he heard the bedsheets shift.

Aesop turned around and the dazed photographer gazed on ahead of him, towards the blue wallpaper on the wall. He was wearing a nightgown and his hair was down, ribbon discarded elsewhere. When he turned his head to the side and saw Aesop, he seemed to wake up.

"Aesop.. please come over here~. I'm feeling sickly," Joseph said. He used the same voice he would use in bed.. well he was in bed, but Aesop still felt embarrassed. Even when bedridden, it seemed like this hunter would never have a sense of shame!

"If you're sick then I don't want to get near you," Aesop replied in a blunt tone. If the sick was going to tease the healthy, them the healthy should have an advantage at the teasing!

Joseph wore an expression that tugged on Aesop's heart, making the latter regret his decision. Really, teasing was Joseph's specialty, so how could Aesop outdo the king?

"Huh?? But.. I thought Mr. Carl cared about me.."

Aesop let out a defeated sigh and moved closer towards the bed. "Last time you were sick you didn't even sleep because you were flirting all night. I will not get in the bed if you don't promise me to sleep."

"But I only did that because of my unconditional love for you. Shouldn't I express what I feel I'm my heart?"

"Your health is top priority! You can say those type of things any time you want when you're healthy."

Joseph really did look tired. His expression was worse than when he got back from a match against Martha, Norton, Patricia, and William. During that time, he expressed how much his back hurt and flaunted all of the bruises he had aquired. Later the group got scolded until their ears bled, courtesy of Aesop. Nobody should be bullying his boyfriend!

As if he couldn't keep his eyes open because of his fatigue, Joseph's eyes closed but his brows furrowed. He laid back down on the bed. "Really Aesop, I'm not feeling good and the pain won't go away. Can you stay with me?"

How could he not? After years of not having anybody when sick, wouldn't it feel good to have somebody to lean on? Joseph would do the same so..

Aesop agreed, and Joseph made room in the bed for him while adorning a cute smile.

Aesop found himself wrapped in Joseph's arms. Even when he wasn't sick, Joseph would always be lovesick and never once did he not express it. It was delightful, and Aesop's heart was regularly warmed.

The hot breath against the top of his head made him comfortable. Who was trying to comfort who here? Aesop was here to comfort Joseph, not the other way around. But Joseph's breathing had steadied from before, so it really didn't matter. Aesop would willingly catch Joseph's sickness if it meant Joseph would feel better.