🎪⚰Short stories

there's little to no MortSop content

Didn't proof read

--•--

-Red

Mike heard footsteps approach him. That familiar scent of roses hit his nose, and he turned his head with a smile.

Right beside him, Aesop stood. He was clad in a red and black suit, which Mike had forced him to put on so they could match. Mike on the other hand was wearing a red and white version of his jumpsuit.

"Hi, darling~!" Mike said. He took his hands off of the buzzing machine and pulled Aesop into a hug. He nuzzled his face into the crook of Aesop's neck, inhaling the scent the Embalmer gave off and enjoying the warmth.

Just as he pulled away, Aesop gave him a small head tilt. It reminded the Acrobat of something.. ah! Aesop looked like an otter. But unlike an otter, Aesop could hold Mike's hand, and hug him, and lift heavy weights like that case of his. It could hold a whole damn coffin inside of it!

Aesop's case was on the ground, placing both hands on Mike's shoulders to hold the Acrobat in place. He gave Mike such a confused expression, eyebrows furrowed while his eyes said that his lips were in a tight line, almost like he couldn't recognise Mike.

Aesop cupped Mike's face with such delicacy, that Mike wasn't even sure his face was being held. Aesop brought their faces closer together, as Aesop scanned every single detail of Mike's face. He was having difficulty memorizing the new face paint on Mike's face.

Mike gasped, looking into Aesop's focused stormy eyes. His gaze wasn't returned, but that only made him exhale a small giggle. Mike placed a light peck on where Aesop's mouth was underneath that mask. The red smudge from his lipstick made a small area of the fabric look glossy.

"You don't have to ask for a kiss from me, you goof," Mike said and crossed his arms, "shyly" looking away. He really couldn't move his face though, so he just broke eye contact. Mike would never actually be "shy", since he always took the first initiative. Aesop was still holding his face, but Mike could feel him tremble slightly.

"Ace..?"

Aesop's face, although mostly covered by his mask, was now the same color as the suit he wore. That didn't deter his focus, at least that was what he was trying to do.

Mike held both of Aesop's hands with his own, pushing himself into the comfort of Aesop's presence. If Aesop was going to focus on him for so long, then he would do whatever he wanted during in the waiting time.

It seemed like forever until Aesop finally met with Mike's gaze, who was still lovingly enjoying Aesop's touch. "Were you shocked to find your one and only first~?"

Aesop must have not noticed until now, but he tensed up slightly under Mike's hands, who was now caressing the back of his hand.

"No, actually. I was hoping I would see you first but.." Aesop started. Mike hadn't heard Aesop's voice until just now, and it sounded delightful. "But for some reason I just couldn't remember your face-- because of your makeup."

Mike smirked. Now it was his turn to place his hands onto Aesop's cheeks. He got onto his tippy toes, and pulled Aesop down a bit lower to get to eye level. Their noses were touching, well, if Aesop wasn't wearing a mask.