CHAPTER 16: END OF DEAL

[ Wu Hui's plot ]

I was late. When I arrived, the house was already on fire and I witnessed Lang Er and another man jumped off the cliff with my own eyes. My heart shattered to pieces the moment I realized that Lang Er has left me, forever.

" LANG ER!!!! " I rushed towards her but I was a step late. She jumped down. I wanted to follow her too but I was stopped by Mariana.

" Hey! Don't forget that there's still one year till the deal ends. You can't die now! "

" Hah... yeah the deal...IT WAS ALL THAT STUPID DEAL WHICH COST ME TO LOSE LANG ER!!  I'M BREAKING OFF THE DEAL! I'll follow Lang Er wherever she goes. "

Just as I was about to jump off the cliff too, Mariana shouted
" What about your parents? You are their only son. What will they do without you? And your clan? You're the Prince, are you gonna abandon them for a girl. "

Although I cared about my parents and my clan , to me, Ling Lang was my everything.
" I'm sure they will be fine and have another child.  When the child grows up, I'm sure he or she will do a good job. "

After saying that, again, I tried to close my eyes and jumped. But then, Mariana's one sentence stopped me.
" Then what about your child? "

I was shocked and surprised hearing that.
" My child? "

" Ling Lang was pregnant with your child 2 years ago and...now...your...your... "

" MY WHAT? SPIT IT OUT! "

" Your son is still inside the house. I'm sorry... "

Upon hearing that, I dashed off into the house despite the big fire. Mariana tried to stop me but I pushed her away and ran inside. I checked every single room but found no traces of him. The fire is getting bigger and bigger every second but I couldn't think of where could he be. Could he be burnt already? No. Impossible. I must stay positive. Just then, I saw a stairs leading towards the basement.

I ran towards the basement room and kicked open the door. As the door opened, I saw a baby wrapped with a pink towel lying in a cot. He isn't  breathing anymore. I quickly brought it out of the house.

As I came out, I saw Mariana in front of the house.
" I'm sorry, Wu Hui.  I was blinded by jealousy and..."

Every word of her disgust me.
" I never want to see you ever again! It's the end of the deal. You caused her death and almost killed my son. I won't report this to my grandfather seeing that we're  friends once but, from today onwards, we're strangers and our deal ends too. "

From today onwards too, I'll spend the rest of my life searching and waiting for Lang Er to come back to me. When that happens, I will never leave you ever again. Lang Er, I love you and, I will never stop loving you, for eternity.

[ End of season 1 of The Merwolf Boy. Stay tune for Season 2. Thanks for reading.😊😊😘😘😘]

[SEASON 2'S OUT NOW ' THE MERWOLF'S BRIDE'. THANKS FOR THE SUPPORT!!! ^ ^ ]