Chapter Five: A Broken Heart May Never Mend

I looked over my shoulder, i couldn't help the tear that slipped from my eye, it was like my heart had shattered.

I was snapped out of my grief by someone yelling, i knew the voice, there it was again "REE, HELP" my heart started pumping again so fast i thought it would smash through my rib cage

"SAM" i was running, i heard someone behind me but i didn't care, i broke through the tree line to see Erole leader of the group of rouges grab Sam, "NOO" the word was like a screech, all of Aidens pack where on their knees as if to surrender

"Come now lillare , you know the drill, we wouldnt want to hurt these three lovelies now would we" i stopped mid stride, three, i swiveled my head sure enough there where two little boys in the rouges grasp, they looked identical, they must be sams new friends, this is why the pack surrendered, he had their pups.

"Wait please, just wait, you dont need him, i can help you, please just let him go" i saw the smirk play across Eroles  face, he knew all along, he was baiting me.

___________________________
5 years earlier

"Ree, ree, come on dear where are you." I saw the smile tug at my mothers lips, her blond and green hair pulled into a high pony tail, i loved my mothers hair i got my black shade off my father. She danced around the corner with Sam in her arms her Long white dress hitting the floor as she walked.

"come on now its time for lessons" she paused, she knew what i wanted "and maybe, just maybe, i will tell you the story" that is what i wanted, i know 12 and still loving my mothers fairy tails, but what can i say, i am a sucker when it comes to this one. I skipped out from my hiding place and walked up to her, she had her back facing me, so i whispered in her head, - come on mummy turn around- she whirled around but i slipped behind her before she could see me, i did it again but this time i met with a soft wall

"Mummy that's no fair" she laughed and waved her hand the wall collapsed and smoothed back into the polished marble, she grabbed my hand gently and led me to the study, this is where i learned a great many things about being a royal blooded mermaid

There where lots of little facts

how to change your resting colour (this is forbidden and very painful, often resulting in a red resting colour marking you as an adant)

Adans or rouge mermaids who waver from their sector

sectors there are seven all ruled by different families (also known as the seven seas)

The Rulers OR the Seven (these are the heads of the families, the most important family of the seven are the triple line, the line with three rulers that alternate every ten years)

Today i was learning about the triple line and why they are so important,

When mother started speaking i started listening, if i didn't i didn't get the story,

"when the three where given rule, there was a war that broke out and in this time the melcast line was in rule, War was declared for no particular reason other than the fact that lissare melcast refused to marry, the son of kiridion, ruler of a neighboring sector.

Lissare was true to her ways, she had found her soul link and they where preparing to be married, in this time Kiridion grew childish, his son did not want to marry lissare, although she was beautiful he still had hope of finding his destined partner, but his father was insane, he had lost his soul link to a rare illness that left her as stone, no longer believing in soul links he wanted to join their sectors, so when refused, He declared war.

The fighting went for months on end when kiridion sent an assassin to kill exavier, Lissares soul link, when the deed was done Lissare fell ill, wantin to protect her unborn child she revealed a hidden power that only the melcast bloodline holds, her fathers blood still flows in the bloodlines veins so she quickened the unborn child twice, once to give birth, the second to let her have rule, this act ended the war but also drained Lissare of her life source, the king took his own life and lissare went to be with her beloved, their daughter, Melody Melcast, became a fair and loving ruler, to this day the power still runs in the melcast blood line"

when she was finished i couldn't help but think about it, we finished our lesson and i went to help dad in the garden my mother promising to tell me the story after I went to bed, but the lesson played in my mind for years.

Present time

"please just let them go, i will help you, just let the children go they can't do anything for you" the children where put on the ground the rouges leader not reacting fast enough and i quickly spoke in their minds -run to lillare and don't stop till you are touching her, run as fast as you can- they all got up and ran with inhuman speed, i snapped my head up as the wind started to swirl around us

"Oh dearest erol, don't tell me you've forgotten" i was using his own words against him, "if they are out of the way their is nothing you can do to me" with this i felt the pain start " Sam grab aiden" he used his power to pull aiden closer and did as he was told, putting one of aidens hands on my shoulder and telling him not to let go, i saw his face, but right now all i cared about was taking care of them.

the wind now looked like a tornado and the pain pulsing through me was enough to feel under your hands, the scream ripped from my body as images of the forest next to my house played through my mind.

there was an audible snap and just before the dark took me i saw the evergreen forest that I had wished to walk in for days.

#############################################################

Mermaid powers lesson

Depending on the power a mermaid can manipulate the rules, take lillares for example the power to see through minds and thought and project her voice into someone else's mind.

there is a loophole here that lillare found at a young age, when projecting thoughts you can also project emotions tricking the other persons senses, she found this out when trying to communicate with a fish, she accidentally projected the pain she was feeling from a skinned knee, the pain being too much for the fish set off a reaction in its nervous system, thus killing th fish by over loading the nervous system. She can also make the the heart beat too fast by projecting excess amounts of fear, so forth through all the possibilities this is how she killed the wolf.

Now for Sam, if you have ever seen avatar (the anime/cartoon) , you might get this already without the explanation,

When i say he used his powers to pull aiden closer i mean he used his blood, this is because the human body holds an excessive amount of water and this mixes with every cell in our body including your blood, thus by concentrating on the water in the system he can control that persons blood, no one really knows how he found out how to do this, it has always worried ree although she seems to have the idea her father taught him, as her father inherited powers after the final linking of the soul to her mothers he was a warrior and he had to fight wars as due to the war of souls (Kiridion and lissares war) the sectors need permission to cross each others boarders.

Lesson Over

************************************************************************************************

That's four times. Be proud be very proud. I hope this one is better, I didn't have to do as much work on what I kept in this chapter and what I added was easy enough to fix and fit In so I should hopefully have another chapter up tomorrow, on doomsday