Just Give Me My Dang Sugar

***Author’s Note***

Alright, I want to explain why I haven’t updated in a few weeks. My stinking computer had deleted all of my chapters that I had wrote. I had four chapters ready to go. The day that I decided to update, my computer crashed and everything on it disappeared.

The second reason that I haven’t updated is that I have been focused on studying for finals. This girl has to make all A’s or she will be very upset. J

I am so sorry that it has been so long, but I promise I will make it up to you guys. It is a little frustrating that I have to start over on these next few chapters, but I will try to get them done soon.

So, here you go. A new chapter.

P.S. Over there is a picture of Mr. Hollington. :) 

******

I laid in my warm bed thinking about the night I spent with Keith. He had been so kind and sweet. He would get up every time to go get me a drink; even though I told him that I could go get it myself, he would refuse. Every once and a while he would reach over and hold my hand, and for some odd reason I didn’t pull my hand away. I liked the way my smaller hand would fit into his, but I also liked that it made me feel like I wasn’t alone. He had become my comforter for the night. Keith’s kind spirit was making an impact on me.  

Keith brought me back home and he even walked me up to the apartment. We stood there at the door for a few minutes talking, until Donna jerked the door open and interrupted us.

Donna gave Keith the third degree, and Keith gave it right back. They just stared at each other, as if they were having a secret conversation. It didn’t last very long, especially when I cleared my throat and got their attention. Keith didn’t stay much longer after that. He surprised me when he kissed me on the cheek and said good night.

So, here I laid in my bed watching the sun’s rays slowly begin to peak through the curtains. I couldn’t sleep, so I had stayed up the entire night. I’m not sure how I will make it at work today without any sleep. I might have to pump caffeine into my system all day just to last.

I know I have to be at the office in just a few hours. If I plan on making it to work on time, I need to start getting ready before Donna and Cassie wake up. But that is just the thing, I don’t want to go back to the office and face Mr. Hollington. I don’t want to feel the feeling he gives me. I’m not sure just what that feeling is, but I know I don’t like it very much.

Unfortunately, I made myself get up and I snuck into Donna’s bathroom without waking him up. I hurried as fast as I could without making much noise, and when it came to fixing my hair…I made sure to put it up in a ponytail, just in spite.

I rushed out of the apartment and made my way to the coffee shop that Amy had taken me to the first full day that I was here. The barista looked just as grumpy as I felt. I know she didn’t want to be up this early, and neither did I. With one sip of my coffee, I knew I needed some sugar, because it tasted so bitter. There was no sugar or creamer out on the counter, so I had to bug her just one more time.

“Excuse me miss, can I get two things of sugar?”

“Do you really think you need that?” It didn’t take very long for me to know where this conversation was going. Of course she would be that kind of person. I’m not sure why, but I continued the conversation with her anyways, even though I knew it would just make me upset.

“What are you talking about?” I sat my coffee down on the counter and mentally prepared myself for the words that were about to come out of her mouth.

“You know…” She nodded her head as if I really did know. Well, I do.

“Well, apparently I don’t. So please, enlighten me.”