-twenty two-

It had been two days since any transfer had fought another. The trip to the fence acting as a break, only for the fighting to continue the next day. Annabelle's bruises on her neck and stomach were now a purpley green, as if her skin was mouldy and out of date. It didn't suit her. The bruises on her face were smaller but still there, her cuts around her nose, eyebrow and knuckles scabbed over nicely only for them to be ripped open again today, in another fight, and for more to join them. Annabelle still wasn't over the fact her piercing had been ripped from her nose, it had also scabbed over now and Annabelle knew she would probably never get it re-pierced in fear of the pain she felt as it was torn from her nose and through her skin. What a waste, she thought.

The same girl who had ruined her first ever piercing was up against Tris today and Annabelle felt relieved for the girl, after being beaten by Peter, Tris needed an easy win, which hopefully she'd get.

Annabelle couldn't say she was as relieved for herself, she knew it was going to happen eventually - a fight she had no chance of winning no matter how hard she tried to believe. As she looked up at her name written on the board, Annabelle gulped trying to hide her nerves, written across from hers was one name she had been dreading to be written exactly where it was.

Edward.

As Annabelle had predicted, Tris had easily won against Myra. The latter falling due to Tris' hit and being too dizzy to get back up. If only the next fight - Anna's and Edward's - would be that easy. Well for one of them, it probably would.

As soon as the pair stood in the ring, Edward was quick to throw a forceful punch in Anna's direction, if she hadn't seen it coming, she would've ended up like Myra - on the floor in state where she couldn't continue. Instead, she flung her body to the side, nearly falling due to the speed she had to do it. Annabelle places her arms up again, in the stance Eric had taught her and critiqued her.

Annabelle knew if she was to fight fair she'd easily lose, so took to playing dirty, even if she didn't win at the end at least she would've put up a good fight. Annabelle moved her arm forward, noticing that was all Edward was paying attention to as he threw punches that was blocked or avoided by the girl. As she did this and his gaze was locked into her arms, Anna raised her legs in between his spread legs. The force causing him to take in a deep breath and double over protecting his privates so she wouldn't strike there again.

She heard a few of the guys in the room oof and groan for Edward but that's didn't stop her as she jumped on his back. She had no idea what she was trying to achieve but she knew if she remained in front of him, one of his punches would hit her and render her unconscious.

She elbowed him in the back once, causing him to jerk and send Anna flying backwards off of his back and harshly onto the ground. She could've sworn she heard a crack as her back bones met the hard floor, but she had no time to be sure as Edward kicked her in the stomach multiple times, before pulling her up by the arm and punching her square in the jaw and again in the nose. Annabelle squirmed, not yet unconscious, but when Edward let go of her arm, she couldn't hold her own weight and fell to the ground.

Annabelle didn't know the fight was over until a pair of strong arms grabbed her and pulled her off of the fighting ring and to the sides.

"Hey, I could still win," Annabelle said, trying to stand up straight and walk back to the ring only to end up nearly falling and walking in the wrong direction.

"You can't even walk straight," Will said, rolling his eyes at the girls stubbornness. "How many fingers am I holding up?" He asked trying to determine what to do with her. He knew she should go to the infirmary but he also knew that's the last place she would want to go.