-three-

Annabelle quickly walked through the school, on her way to another boring lesson. She couldn't wait for two years to be up, so she could change faction and leave school.

Annabelle wasn't paying attention when she bumped into a taller, older boy, wearing a blue suit.

"Watch where you're going, Stiff," He said loudly, causing the girl to snap out her of trance like thoughts.

"Sorry," The supposedly selfless girl whispered, about to walk off when the Erudite boy spoke up again.

"Why so quiet, Stiff? Your parents beat you too?" Laughing erupted in the corridor, not only people from Erudite but from Candor and even Dauntless as well.

"If one person leaving a faction suddenly means every adult is an abuser, then think about how many kids left your faction. Are you sure your parents don't beat you?"

The laughing stopped and all eyes turned towards the girl in grey.

"What did you just stay?" The boys voice raised but Annabelle wasn't phased.

"I'm sorry, your dumb brain couldn't understand, but I've got to get to class," she said and turned around sprinting, getting away just as the boy in blue reached out to grab her.

***

News of Annabelle's outburst was quick to travel around the students of the school. She was getting looks all day, as if she was insane.

"People think you're crazy," A voice spoke from behind the Abnegation girl. Annabelle lightly jumped and turned to face a dark-skinned, dark-haired girl, wearing all white - a Candor.

"And what do you think?" Annabelle asked smirking, knowing the Candor girl would tell the truth.

"I think you were born in the wrong faction. I think you're Dauntless, through and through," She explained, causing Annabelle to smile.

"You're not the first to think that," Annabelle said, before walking off and leaving the Candor girl, staring at her back.

***

Tobias and Annabelle lay in Annabelles bed, Marcus was having a faction meeting so Tobias decided to visit her for once. They looked up at the boring white ceiling that was the same in every Abnegation house, in fact Tobias wouldn't have realised this wasn't his room, if it wasn't for the grey dresses hung up rather than the tops and trousers.

Tobias turned his head from the ceiling to face Annabelle who lay next him, realising she also turned her head.

"You're a Dauntless. You know that right?" He said out of nowhere.

"What makes you say that?" She questioned, now propping her head on her hand to listen to Tobias better.

"You're brave, courageous, you stand up for people, not afraid of what people think. You seem like the embodiment of Dauntless values."

"You're hard to pinpoint," Annabelle began, now it was Tobias' turn to prop his head up and furrow his eyebrows. "This may seem odd, but I can see qualities of multiple factions in you, and I think that's a great thing."

"I think I'm Abnegation," Tobias corrected the girl, laying back down to face the ceiling.

"You can't be serious?" Annabelle began, "You only think that because of your father."

Tobias remained silent, causing Annabelle to sigh and also lay back down to face the ceiling, where the two remained in a comfortable silence, enjoying the other's company.