-sixteen-

It was finally lunch, and Annabelle couldn't be happier to have the heavy gun out of her hands. Her arms ached and her ears rang, she wasn't used to the harsh sound of gun shots after all.

When Anna walked into the cafeteria, she was almost immediately pulled down and greeted with a "Hey you,"

"Uriah! You scared the hell out of me," Annabelle said, releasing a breathy laugh. The excited boy, quickly apologised, giving the girl a giant grin.

"So, how was your training?" He asked, resting his face in his palm as he stared at the girl.

"You know what, I think I fought in the war in my past life. Didn't miss a shot!" Annabelle replied, making her fingers into a gun shape and blowing the tips while winking at Uriah, who held his mouth in an agape smile.

"Woah, it's hard to imagine a Stiff holding a gun, let alone shooting one," A new voice chimed in. Anna scoffed before turning around to see an older boy, who looked similar to Uriah.

"Anna, this is my brother Zeke, he can be quite rude," Uriah filled the girl in, rolling his eyes at his brothers statement, knowing Annabelle would probably retort.

However, both Annabelle's and Zeke's response was cut short when a hand slammed on the table. "Yes Uriah, you bagged Anna," Marlene cheered causing the two Dauntless initiates in front of her to laugh.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Anna asked looking from Marlene to Uriah.

"Just that yesterday, you decided to sit with the Transfers," Lynn replied for Marlene in a harsh tone, as she sat down next to Marlene. Annabelle couldn't tell if the girl was joking or not, but by the faces of smiles around her, she assumed it was the former.

"I'll tell you why," Annabelle responded sitting up straight as if she was about to teach Lynn something. "One: I am also a transfer. Two: I'd spent a lot of the afternoon with them. And three: I can sit where I want." Lynn scoffed as Anna finished her list, but a smile soon find her lips causing Anna to laugh leading to the whole group laughing.

From afar Peter watched on as a Stiff interacted with some of the Dauntless-Born initiates. He had just been proven wrong that she couldn't shoot a gun, he didn't need her fitting in better than he did with the Dauntless.

"Why is she over there?" He asked, Drew and Molly who sat by his sides. The two looked over and what he was looking at and narrowed their eyes.

"I heard rumours she met them on the train here," Drew said, scoffing at the transfer laughing with the Dauntless.

"But they would've been in the first carriage ?" Peter questioned, surely she wasn't good with cardio too.

"Apparently so was she," Molly replied, smirking, "I didn't see her in the carriage with all the transfers,"

Peter narrowed his eyes as he continued to stare at the ex-Abnegation girl who seemed to be proving herself more and more each day.

a/n - i don't know why but i hate this writing so much ahhh it's also so short sorry