Chapter 5

I heard beeping around me as I tried to open my eyes, but I just couldn't open them. I heard voices talking around me. Something about someone's voice. I heard muffled crying, and screams of frustration.

I finally gained enough strenght to open my eyes. When I did I saw my mother with her head down in her hands, my father was leaving the room, and he looked quite angry. I frowned and tried to talk to my mother. I couldn't get the words out. My mouth must have been dry.

Instead I reached out for her and put my hand on top of her head and patted it gently. My mom raised her tear-stained face. I looked at her with sympathetic eyes. My mother got up and hugged me tightly.

"Oh baby, I'm so sorry. I'm so, so sorry." I looked at her confused and waited for her to elaborate on her words.

"Th-the doctor said you won't b-be able to talk. Not until you can get surgery on your vocal cords." My mother broke down as soon as she finished her sentence. I stared at her wide eyed. She gave me a dry earse board to write, but I couldn't.

I sat there in the hospital bed for hours, listening to the doctor explain everything that happened to me. I broke an arm and a couple of ribs. I also messed up my vocal cords some how. I was released to go home the next day.

I was out of school for a week. Haruhi was nice enough to bring me my homework and notes to help keep me caught up with the class. We kind of talked for a while when she came. She could only stay for an hour but it was nice talking to her.

Deep inside I was waiting for the twins to come around. They never did. I sat and read, and waited, just for them. They still never came.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next week came and I decided that I would go back to school on Wednesday, even though I wasn't suppose to be back at school until the week after next week.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wednesday came and I get dressed as much as I could without help. The maids arrived to help me the rest of the way. I hate this. The sympathetic looks, and the pity. I hate all of it. To think it all could have been avoided, the only cause was stupidity.

Now I have no voice. Now I will more than likely never be able to voice my opinions again. The doctor did mention surgery, but what are the chances my voice will come back? It's happened many other times to different people, many of which haven't regained their voices.

I snapped out of my thoughts by the stopping of the car. I was helped out and escorted inside the head master's office. My father and him discussed my situation and what would benefit me. In the end they decided the teachers would print out notes to give to me so I didn't have to worry with writing.

I am excused from any physical activity any teachers may have me do and I cannot participate in any clubs for a months time. After the meeting I was lead to my first class. When we got there I went straight to my seat and ignored the curious glances form everyone. The Principle talked quietly with the teacher and left the room, going to talk to the rest of my teachers.

The teacher continued his lecture like nothing happened. I could feel everyone's eyes on me. It annoyed me greatly. As soon as the bell rang I was out of the classroom before anyone could question me. All I had with me was a notebook to help me question the teachers or talk to people. However, I didn't want to talk.

I walked quickly to my next class. This class I had with the twins. I sat down and put the notebook down and stared out of the window.

"Lynn!" Haruhi exclaimed and hugged me. My eyes widen and I made noises to let her know I needed air. She let go and giggled while I tried to catch my breath. I looked up at her and waved then opened my note book.

'I decided to come back early.' I wrote as Haruhi watched me. I looked up at her and she smiled.

"Well, that's good. You won't miss as much work and class time now." I laughed silently.

'Your nose is always in your studies and that's all you think about. lighten up a little.' Haruhi laughed reading what I had wrote.

"Yeah, but it's how I was able to get here and meet everyone." I nodded as the bell rang.

"Well, we'll talk after class." She said and walked to her seat while I nodded.  I looked up as the twins entered, both with a shocked look on their faces. Hikaru's expression turned to on eof happiness, while Kaoru's turned to one of sadness, then to one of bitterness.

I turned away from them and the teacher came in and started the lecture and the twins sat on either side of me. I ignored both of them, since they ignored me.......

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: I hope you guys like it, for some reason this chapter was kind of hard to write. Oh well. I got through it. The next one should be a lot better. Until next time loves. <3