15

As the cars pulled up, everyone was distracted so I took this as my chance to remove myself from the situation. I snuck passed the rogues as they prepared themselves for the 500 odd wolves that had just arrived.

I snuck into the house and shifted to my human form, leaving myself naked and exposed.

I ran into one of the female pack members bedrooms before pulling some shorts and a tank top and some trainers from her cupboard.

I slid into the clothes and cringed as my shoulder and leg were still bleeding. It was going to take me a bit longer to heal.

After I was dressed, I rushed back downstairs and grabbed a knife from the kitchen before making my way back outside.

The fight was still going ahead and it looked as if we were winning.

The numbers were dwindling down as I rushed through the crowd, stabbing each rogue that I could reach.

Finally, it was all coming to an end. I locked eyes with Exodus and nodded at his wolf before rushing over to him and jumping onto his back.

We rushed through the crowd and I was able to use my knife against more of the rogues. Soon, there was only a couple rogues left.

"Vera. There is only one left. It is Dean." Sammy said.

I slid off Exodus' back while he ran and I darted towards Sammy. "No one touch him. He's mine." I growled through the mind link making everyone fall to their knees.

Exodus followed close behind me.

Once I had turned back to face him, I could see that he had shifted and was wearing a pair of shorts. I smiled to him before turning back to see Dean on his knees naked in his human form.

"I will kill you." He growled as I walked over to him nodding for Sammy to let go of him. Everyone in my pack knew the importance of this kill.

It would have only been better if it was Aeron.

But he will live to die another day.

"I do not think so Dean." I laughed, he furrowed his brows and stared at me. "Who are you?" he asked and I smirked.

I pulled the chain from my neck and held it up for him to see.

It was the key from my cage.

That night when he stumbled in drunk with that key and I used it to escape, I held onto it as a reminder that never again would I be the victim.

Dean's eyes widened and he growled at me.

"No. It cannot be." He said shocked.

"I have dreamt about this moment for so long and it could only be more perfect if Aeron was here." I laughed.

"You're weak. Aeron will find you again and take you back. Your change in status only makes the hunt more exciting for him." He mocked.

I forced the key into Dean's mouth before plunging the knife into his chest.

I felt myself tear up and the relief. I turned back around to see everyone staring at me. When my eyes landed on Exodus, he looked confused.

"Alpha Exodus. Looks like your rogue problem is over." I said, nodding before walking away to allow myself to cry.

Sammy smiled at me before he pulled me into a hug.

"As a thank you for your assistance, everyone please stay the night and we will have a celebratory meal together." Exodus shouted as everyone cheered.

I turned around and nodded towards him as he walked over.

"I should probably head back, I'm still in heat and not pleasant for people to be around." I laughed awkwardly. "No. Stay. You can sleep in my room and I will sleep somewhere else." He laughed.

I went to protest but he put his finger up before running off.

I laughed and shook my head as I went in and followed Exodus. I followed him upstairs and stopped at his bedroom. The door to my old room was opened and the bed looked like it had been slept in.

I inhaled the scent and was surprised when I realised that Exodus had been sleeping in my room.

"Am I too pathetic?" he asked, coming into view as he opened the door to his room.

"Not at all. Please, can you come in? I want to speak with you in private." I said, walking into the room and closing the door behind us. Exodus laughed and held up his hands. "Not going to seduce me again are you?" he joked.

"Shut up." I laughed.

"In all seriousness, I don't think I should be alone with you. My wolf is going crazy and I don't think I can hold him back anymore." He said, rubbing the back of his neck.

I turned to face him and smirked.

I stalked closer to him and grab him by the back of the neck. "Then don't." I said before pulling him closer and placing my lips onto his. Our lips moved together. He then pulled away and turned his back.

"No. You cannot do that. I am trying to be a good mate." He said, pacing back and forth.

"You are a good mate. Exodus."

"No. I'm not. I want to get her to forgive me and I cannot do that when you keep distracting me." He groaned.

"Exodus. I've forgiven you." I said.