7

The palace was large and near the ocean. It had large wired fences surrounding it with pack warriors at each entrance and exit. Once they looked at Sammy, they let him on through before staring at me.

They were large bulky werewolves, clearly good pack warriors.

They seemed scary but my wolf thought they were going to be big softies.

Once we were onto the pack grounds, I began admiring the scenery.

This was a beautiful land.

The driveway to the palace seemed to be a couple miles itself. As we got closer, I looked at the palace and smiled brightly before looking to Sammy who seemed to be amused by my reaction.

"I sometimes forget how beautiful this place is." He said smiling as he stopped the car and got out. "Come on." I opened the car door and slid out slowly.

The palace was bigger than any pack house that I had seen. It was a white colour with beautiful flowery vines going across it. It had many sculptures by the door and into the front of the palace. The rose bushes were bright and colourful, I had never seen orange roses before but these were lovely.

I followed Sammy inside and we rounded a couple corners.

It was large and spacious and somehow felt like home.

There were a few pack members dotted about chatting which stopped when I came within sniffing distance. They stared over at me but didn't seem repulsed by my appearance. They just seemed intrigued.

They smiled to me and I smiled back before continuing to follow Sammy.

We then came to a large stunning wooden door that was almost as high as the ceiling. Sammy knocked before opening the door and grabbing my hand and pulling me inside.

"Sammy, you are back. How was your trip? Oh, and who is your friend?" The Alpha King asked, looking over at me.

I bowed my head and kept it trained to the floor.

I had never been in the presence of royalty before.

"Charming girl. Is she your mate?" The Queen asked. I blushed slightly as Sammy laughed. "No. She isn't. I found her on my travels. She is lost, I wondered if she could join our pack." He asked.

"I don't see why not. Sweetheart, tell us your name." The Queen asked, walking over to me as did the King.

I stepped back and focused my eye line on the ground.

"She doesn't speak." Sammy said as they smiled pitifully.

"Don't worry. We will not harm you. I can see that someone already has done that." She spoke softly.

The Queen walked to her desk and brought back a notepad and handed it to me.

I gladly accepted it and began scribbling a few words.

My mother and father were Alpha and Luna of Silver back pack. They died and I was taken by rogues. I haven't spoken since and not sure if I can.

I handed the note to the King and Queen as they both looked at it before the Queen gasped. Their eyes shot to mine.

"Genesis?" the King asked.

I was surprised he remembered me. I had been a long time. I saw him once when I was nine years old when he visited the packs.

I nodded slightly and smiled.

"I thought you were dead. If I had known, I wouldn't have stopped looking for you." The King said with a sad smile.

He looked for me.

I couldn't believe that anyone did. I thought that everyone would have forgotten me just like Aeron had said when I was taken that night.

The Queen rubbed his arm and smiled back to me.

"Genesis. We were so close with your parents, they said if anything happened to you, would we take you in? Of course, we said yes and that offer is still open no matter how old you are." The Queen said softly.

"Is that something you would want?" the King asked hopeful.

I stared at them for a moment before turning to Sammy who was smiling at me. I turned back to them and nodded. Soon, I was in their arms.

I finally had a family again.

"Don't worry Genesis, we will help you find your voice again."

I didn't have to be the weak one. I could reinvent myself. I no longer had to be the victim. I could start fresh and finally be the person I should have been.

I can make my parents proud.