8

The next three years after that night, I trained.

I trained with the best pack warriors and with the Alpha himself. He came like a father to me and the Luna became a mother.

They helped me find myself.

Wren and Amalie, the Alpha King and Luna Queen stepped down once I was ready. I became their adopted child despite being an adult.

The pack embraced me as one of their own and became my family.

After they had stepped down, I took their place, becoming the first female Alpha. After they had adopted me and I began to properly heal I found my voice.

I connected properly with my wolf and told Sammy and my parents what had happened to me.

The pack knew what I was a victim of Aeron Black but they weren't aware of the details. The pack was so welcoming, they weren't bothered with the details of it. Only my parents and Sammy knew.

Once I had reconnected with my wolf, I changed my name.

I didn't want Exodus to find me and I didn't want anyone else to either.

Outside the pack, I was known as Alpha Vera. If any visitors came to the palace, all pack members knew to address me as Vera.

Around new people, I masked my scent which was a trick Alpha Wren taught me. This would protect me from anyone that knew my past.

Despite the healing and becoming stronger, the one thing I couldn't mask was my scars. They had healed slightly but were still easily visible. It didn't bother me anymore.

In a short amount of time, I had become the strongest Alpha known, even more than both of my fathers.

I just hoped that my parents would have been proud of me just like Wren and Amalie were. After joining the pack, I asked about the outcome of the Silver back pack after my parents were killed and I was taken.

Wren told me that once word got around what had happened, the pack were lost. They didn't have an Alpha or Luna. My father's beta and beta female didn't want to accept the Alpha and Luna title, so they joined the royal pack.

This was not a normal occurrence, it was a special circumstance.

Once I had realised that my pack was here, I had to see them. Everyone I had remembered was still there. All my childhood friends, they had grown and most had found their mates.

Reconnecting with them gave me something back.

Since leaving Alpha Exodus' pack, I hadn't heard from him or anyone else from that pack. I didn't ask for news of my former mate though, I did experience painful heat considering we were so far from each other.

I found it difficult at first but my family helped me through it.

In the days of my heat, I had to stay up on the top floor of the palace which was reserved for the current Alpha only. On the floor below me was my parents, and beta male and female and a guest room for any other visiting Alpha, Luna and beta male and female.

The below floors were pack member bedrooms.

I was thankful to have the entire floor to myself, it gave me a lot of privacy and distance from other back members during heat.

**

On one particular day, I was sat in my office reading the newspaper when Sammy burst through the door making me jump.

"Sammy, brake pedal." I groaned, slamming the newspaper down and leaning back into my chair.

He cringed and smiled back at me.

"He's here." Sammy warned.

I huffed and stood up straightening out my shirt. This was the first time that I was going to see Exodus since I left the pack.

I had already masked my scent and had for a few days so he wouldn't sense me through the mate bond. I felt uneasy but I had prepared for this for days since I got the call.

*Flashback*

"Vera. I have an Alpha on the line from Blood Moon pack. He wishes to visit us. He has a rogue problem that he needs our assistance on." I dropped my mug on the floor as I heard Sammy say those words.

I looked down at the floor and back at Sammy who had cringed from the nose.

He passed me the phone as I stepped over the mess. "I'll call the omegas to clean this up." Sammy said, excusing himself from my office.

I mouthed a thank you before looking back to him and mouthing for him to mute the phone.

"Tell him, he can come and visit. I'll let the palace pack warriors aware of his arrival. But, I want to know the second, he steps onto our land." I insisted.

"My Alpha says you can come. Our warriors will be expecting you at the gate."

I heard a mumbled response over the phone before Sammy hung up.

"You okay Genesis?" Sammy asked, setting the phone down. I sighed and nodded. "I'm going to mask my scent, I want all pack members informed of his arrival. No one is to address me by Genesis." I said firmly.

"Genesis, don't you think it is time?" Sammy asked.

I growled. "I don't. He didn't want me when I was weak, therefore, he doesn't deserve me when I am strong."

"What if he has changed? I see you suffer during heat and in general with the lack of your mate. He is most likely suffering also." I knew he was right, I just felt that I was stronger than to lose myself to become his mate again.

"Once he arrives, I will assess whether he is really suffering. If he isn't, I will let him leave."