10

*Alpha Exodus' POV*

After entering the office, I was incredibly shocked to find out that the most respected Alpha who had built their empire within 2 years was a woman.

Never had I heard of an Alpha being a female.

Usually, Alpha's that only had daughters would wait until their daughters met their mates before stepping down and letting the daughter and her mate become Alpha and Luna.

I had also thought that Alpha Wren and Luna Amalie were unable to have children.

There I stood, with the most beautiful woman I had ever seen.

Somehow, I felt as if I knew her but it couldn't have been the case as I didn't recognise any scent linked to her.

Part of me wishes she was my mate.

Another part of me wishes that I hadn't scared off my own mate.

Had I accepted her fully, she could have healed from her past and become the Luna and Mate I deep down knew she could have been.

I never gave her a chance.

*Flashback*

Genesis had stormed out and went into her room and I heard as the door bolt was locked. I sighed, I should have chased her but I was too annoyed.

Could she blame me for something I didn't do?

Later that night, I went to go see her and apologise after my wolf had nonstop bugged me into going to see her.

As I went to her bedroom door my wolf whined.

Her scent was faint.

I tried to open the door but it was locked. I quickly knocked it down before running in to find the room was empty and her scent was faint, definitely a few hours old.

My wolf panicked as I scanned the room for any clue.

My eyes fell onto her bed as I went over and sat down and laid on it.

As my head hit the pillow, I inhaled her scent and sighed. I swung my hand out to the sheet and felt it hit against some paper.

I grabbed the note and sat upright before reading.

Alpha Exodus,

I know I wasn't the mate you had hoped for and I can assure you that this wasn't the life I had imagined for myself. I wasn't always like this, scared of everything and everyone. I had a happy life before Aeron Black and his rogues came in and ruined my life. They took me from my home and broke me. They killed my parents and crushed my soul.

After escaping, I thought I could live here with you and be happy with my mate but this isn't fair on you and it isn't fair on me. We both deserve a fighting chance and I will not fight for someone who will not fight for me.

Much regret,

Genesis Wolfe

My wolf whined. I had made her feel as if she wasn't wanted. In that moment, I hated myself. I thought about the interactions and the sight of her when I first saw her and felt my wolf come out. I howled loudly, waking up everyone and shifted.

Aeron Black was going to pay.

*End of Flashback*

That was how the whole rogue mess started.

I decided to pick a fight with Aeron Black to avenge my mate. I didn't even get within sniffing distance of Aeron but I managed to put my pack within the middle of a feud.

Having my mate leave me, caused my strength to weaken.

I weakened.

I needed my mate and I searched for so long to find her but nothing. I felt nothing but disgust in myself that I was so weak where I had to beg for help. I knew that my pack felt annoyed with me for the problems I have caused them.

I hadn't been the best Alpha, I knew that.

After my parents died, I became an Alpha at the young age of 16. I didn't really get to take time for myself. I had to grow up straight away. With this pain, the thing that kept me going was meeting my mate and having a strong gorgeous Luna by my side and when I saw how broken and damaged Genesis was, I became selfish.

In that moment, I didn't care about her at all.

She was broken and lost and I didn't bother to comfort her when she needed it. I just saw work and something I wasn't expecting.

I didn't bother to get her full name.

In her note, once I had read it, I cringed.

Her name was Genesis Wolfe, daughter of Jonathan Wolfe a great warrior and an even better Alpha. Just before I became Alpha before my parents died, my father got a call.

*Flashback*

"Dad. What's wrong?" I asked, watching my father pacing back and forth.

He had just been on the phone and suddenly he looked distressed. After I had asked the question, he took a seat and put his head in his hands.

"My friend, Jonathan. The Alpha of Silver back pack was murdered last night." My dad said, choking back a sob.

"What happened?" I asked, rushing to my father and sitting beside him

As my father raised his head, I could see his face was covered with tears. I had never seen my father cry before and I felt broken for him.

"Rogues came in and killed him, the Luna and their eleven year old daughter is nowhere to be found. I think they took her." My dad cried, rubbing his face.

"Why would they do this? Why would they take her?" I asked.

I was sixteen and didn't really understand.

"Because rogues are violent and not to be reasoned with. I'm going to join the Alpha King in the search for their daughter. Alpha Jonathan was my best friend growing up and I need to find his daughter. Only the Moon Goddess knows the awful things they are doing to her." My father said rushing to grab his coat.

My father then left and after he didn't return, my mother left to search for him but again, she didn't return.

The following morning, I rushed out to find my parents' beds were still empty and as I ran downstairs to the door, it opened revealing Alpha King Wren.

I bowed my head before my eyes filled with tears.

"I'm sorry Exodus. Your parents aren't coming back." He said, pulling me into his arms. I sobbed into his chest before he pulled away and grabbed my shoulders.

"You're going to be the Alpha now. My Beta is going to stay with you for a while and help you prepare for your new role."

I nodded my head and bowed again as he turned to leave.

"Alpha. What about the girl?" I asked.

"We never found her. I think she is dead." He said sadly. I felt sad for the girl and extremely sad for myself. Maybe it was good that she was dead, so she wasn't suffering anymore.

I then had to accept my new role.

An Alpha at the age of 16.