Chapter 15: Lana and Isla

(Lana's sword in media)

I ran down to the shore, and found Frodo getting in a boat.

"Oh, no you don't!" He sighed.

"Nea(A/N pronounced Nay), I must leave. For your safety."

"And I must come. For your safety." He smiled lightly.

"Fine. Come on." Suddenly Sam ran down the beach.

"I'm coming to!" The three of climbed into a very large boat, and pushed of the bank. Pushed off to Mordor. Pushed off to Doom.

-POV Switch to Isla-

I earn down the slope, my knives already in my hands. I slew one Uruk, than another. Though they went down fast, they just kept coming. And coming. And coming.

I stumbled back and bumped into Legolas. I smiled and continued dealing with the foul creatures before me. The battle was over quickly, and my elf eyes spotted three things at once.

1: Alyssa, Merry, and Pippin where being carried away by the Uruk-hi.

2: Boromir was dead against a stump. And

3: Darlene was slipping away into the bushes, probably to go after Merry, Pippin, and Alyssa. I ran to Aragorn who was rising to his feet, looking saddened. He watched Legolas, Gimli, and myself walk over and then frowned.

"Where is Legassa." I bit my lip, and Aragorn immediately saw. "Lona, where is she?" I took a deep breath.

"She followed the orks."

"And you did nothing to stop her!"

"She chooses her own path!"

"What if she is killed?! What is the orks catch her?!" Legolas stepped between us.

"Peace, Aragorn, Lona. She will be fine. Legassa can take care of herself. We must mourn our friend, Boromir." I pretended to be confused.

"Boromir...no!" I clapped my hand over my mouth, and tears- real ones- slid down my face. Legolas came next to me and wrapped his arm around my shoulders, pulling me into a sort of side hug. Through my grief another emotion burst into my chest. Was this...no! It's couldn't be!

I thought back to the night in Lothlorien, when we had made a promise. We had sworn to not fall into love with any canon characters. It looked like this promise would be broken before long.