Chapter Twenty-Five

Chapter Twenty-Five

"So, when did you get there?"

Lydia, Stiles, Scott, Kira, and I are sat in Sheriff's office, talking to Agent McCall about the whole situation that went down in the substation.

"At the same time," Stiles answered beside me. Kira, Scott, Stiles, and I are all squished into one couch. Lydia sat in the single chair beside the couch. Sheriff was in his seat, behind Agent McCall who leans against the desk.

"At the same time as who?" Agent McCall raised an eyebrow.

"At the same time as me," Agent McCall's son answered; pointing to himself.

"Bye coincidence?" Agent McCall asks.

"What do you mean coincidence?" Stiles fires back.

Agent McCall points at Stiles. "That's what I'm asking you. The two of you arrived at the same time. Was that a coincidence?"

Scott looked up at his father. "Are you asking me?"

"I think he's asking me," Stiles stalls.

"I think he's asking the both of you," Lydia says from the single seat.

"Okay," Agent McCall cuts them off. "Let me answer some questions." We all gave him a look. He closed his eyes and sighed before opening them again and nodding his head. "Let me ask the questions." Stiles points and winks at him, I smiled a little.

"Just so I have this absolutely clear. Barrow was hiding in the chemistry closet at the school. Someone left him a coded message on the blackboard telling him to kill Kira. Then Barrow took Kira to a power substation and tied her up with the intent of electrocuting her, which blacked out the entire town." Agent McCall reads out our protected version of it.

Stiles nods. "Sounds about right."

"How'd you know he'd take her to the power station?" Agent McCall asks us.

"Well," Stiles starts. "'Cause he was an electrical engineer, so where else would he take her?"

Agent McCall looked at him; impressed. "That's one hell of a deduction there, Stiles."

"Yeah, what can I say?" Stiles retorts. "I take after my pops. He's in law enforcement." He winked at his father. Sheriff snorts and Agent McCall turned to look at Sheriff, who played it off by coughing.

"Stiles, just, uh... Just answer the man," Sheriff tells him.

"We made a good guess," Stiles lied.

"What were the two of you doing?" Agent McCall's gaze looked over at his son and Kira.

"Eating Pizza," Kira answered while Scott answered; "eating sushi."

I squeezed my eyes shut. Oh, my God... I opened my eyes and they gave each other a look. "Eating sushi..." and; "eating pizza..."

They both sighed. "Eating sushi and pizza."

"You believe this?" Agent McCall asks Sheriff. 

"To be honest," Sheriff begins. "I haven't believed a word Stiles has said since he learnt how to speak. But I think these kids found themselves in the right place at the right time and that girl sitting there is very lucky for it."

"Kira," Agent McCall looked at her. "Is that how you remembered it?"

Kira looked at all of us and we all leant forward slightly. Kira nods. "Yes. Could I get my phone back now?"

Agent McCall shakes his head. "Sorry, but no."

——

"Class starts in five minutes, just because there's no power don't expect there to be no school," Coach calls on a big megaphone down the hallways.

I continued with my head down walking slowly with a smile on my face. I looked up and noticed Stiles at his locker, he made eye contact and waved at me, I waved back shyly. I also noticed Scott coming towards us but Stiles' grabbed ahold of his shoulders.

"No, no. Stop, stop." Stiles held onto him. I noticed Kira at her locker and I inhaled deeply. Right, Kira...

"What?" Scott looked at his best friend. "I need to talk to her."

"Don't you remember someone left a coded message telling Barrow to kill her?" Stiles practically hisses.

"Which is why I need to talk to her," Scott demands.

"Scott, Stiles' is right." I nod my head. Scott darts his eyes towards me. "Until we figure out if she's just another psychotic monster that's gonna start murdering everybody, I vote against any and all interaction."

Stiles raised his hand up. "Me too,"

I watched carefully as Kira kept her head down and walked away from her locker. "What if she's like me?" Scott asks thoughtfully.

"That girl walked through 1.21 gigawatts of electricity," I point out. "She's not like you."

Scott sighed and Stiles shuts his locker door. I depart from the boys and went to sit outside and do some last-minute studying.

I flipped opened my English book and sighed. I was about half-way into my studying until a boy named Danny comes up to me.

"I need a favour," Danny begins and I turned to pay attention to him. "Can I maybe use your Dad's loft to throw a Halloween party?"

"Why?" I asked, frowning a little.

"Well, for starters, the power is out, and its a blacklight party, we barely need any power and second; the places I've tried booking for has cancelled, or said no," Danny explained. "And a friend of mine had said he knows your Dad is out of town..."

I looked up to see where he was looking, my eyes narrowed when I noticed Ethan standing y the tree, leaning against. He had quickly looked away when I almost met his eyes. Of course, Ethan. I almost rolled my eyes.

"Why would I say yes?" I looked up at Danny this time.

"Your Dad is out of town," Danny shrugged. "Don't you want to at least tell your kids' one day that you threw a party while your Dad was out of town? Or are you Daddy's little girl?"

I knew what he was doing. The smirked told me otherwise. "I'm not Daddy's little girl," I shoot him a glare. I'm far from being dad's little girl. I mean; Derek isn't answering his phone, he could be anywhere by now. And it's not like he's gonna find out. I pulled out the spare keys of Derek's loft. "Here,"

I dropped them in his hands. I trusted Danny, it was Ethan I didn't trust. Danny's a good guy and he seems really keen on throwing this Halloween party, and honestly, it'll be another story that I get to share with my friends' back in France

A/N

I genuinely love the next chapter, y'all are gonna FREAK.

Thanks so much for 5K+! I love y'all so much!