Chapter Fourteen

Chapter Fourteen

After finding Peter a syringe that will help him be stronger for a while, we had snuck out, Scott and Peter were fighting the twins down the opposite end of the corridor we were rushing down. Derek had Cora over his shoulders, Ms. Blake behind him and I had grabbed Stiles' hand, feeling uncomfortable about Ms. Blake.

"It's still here!" Stiles had yelled out, we had made it to the garage. The ambulance was still here. I run ahead, not wanting to be behind Ms. Blake and I opened the doors to the ambulance. I jumped inside along with Stiles, there was a stretcher waiting for her. Derek placed Cora down onto the stretcher.

"Derek, over here." Ms. Blake had called Derek on the other end of the ambulance. He walked off hesitantly and I inched closer to Stiles on the seat, he laced our hands together gently.

"I hate her being here," I mutter to him and he nods in agreement.

"Julia," I heard Kali called in a sing-song voice. Stiles had quickly shut the ambulance doors gently, we both knew a fight would be going down any minute right now.

Suddenly, I watched as Ms. Blake made a run for it and Derek behind her, followed by Kali. I was on the edge of my seat. What if Kali had ditched Derek and Ms. Blake and went after us? We'd be screwed. 

I felt those thoughts slide and I felt guilty for being responsible of Stiles' father going missing. If I hadn't fooled for that fake text message, his father would still be here.

Stiles had made sure the back of the ambulance was locked, even though we both that's gonna do shit if a werewolf crossed our way.

"I'm sorry," I whispered out, his eyes darting over to me in confusion and I jiggled my leg nervously.

"What are you sorry for—"

"If I hadn't fallen for that stupid text message from Ms. Blake your father would still be here right now," my voice cracked slightly. "And now it's my fault for his disappearance and your worry."

Stiles laced our hands again, his thumb gently stroking the top of my hand. "Hey," his voice was soft. "It's not your fault, Addison. If we should be blaming anyone, it's Ms. Blake." I don't reply, looking at Cora.

"You know," my voice dropped, making it go softer than it was. "She told me something that night and I can't tell if she was kidding with me or not."

"What do you mean?"

My eyes met his. "She called me a Hale."

"A Hale?" Stiles muttered, before looking down at Cora. I could see his head trying to figuring out what it could possibly mean.

"Don't bother trying to figure it out for me." I sighed. "I'm just trying to forget she even said it."

"Why have you not mentioned to Derek or Peter?" Stiles softly said.

I shrugged slightly. "I don't know. I've tried to push myself to, but it made me uncomfortable even thinking about it."

"Well, if you want to know what she meant, you'd have to go talk to them," he figured and I nodded. Stiles eyes then looked down at Cora again and he frowned. "Why does it not look like she's not breathing?" Stiles leant forward and tried to listen to her breath. "Because you aren't breathing are you?"

"Oh, no," I mumbled, my anxiety bubbling up inside me. "Oh, God, please don't let Cora die!"

"Why are you not breathing?" Stiles panics, he was now standing over her and I joined him. "Come on."

"CPR," I quickly said. "Do you know CPR?"

Stiles nodded hesitantly. "Er, no—"

"Move out the way," I grumbled, pushing him aside. I moved close to her and looked down at her pale face. I pulled my hair to the side so it doesn't get in my way and I laced my own hands together.