New Year, new me

It was the last day of vacation, and I was not stoked. Not only because I did not want to go back to school after the following few days, but also because me and Connor would have to be apart again. We lived on opposite sides of town, so we would barely see each other unless we made plans. 

I guess I should say that I was going to miss Zoe, too, but she was not so fond of me and her brother being together. Specially being caught in the act. She was pretty bitter to me. 

Us teens were pretty silent as we packed up, while the adults were chatting away carelessly. We did not say nearly anything unless the adults talked to us first until we were just about to go into our cars and make our ways home. Zoe was first to come up to me.

"I know I've been an ass all day, but I will miss you," She said, then quickly hugged me and walked away to her car. It was just me and Connor not in the cars at the point, and my dad honked the horn.

"I'll see you when you need to get out of the house... And whenever you just want to see me, tell me. We will make plans, I promise," He tilted my head up and started to lean it, but I quickly pushed him away. "Hey, Hey, parents," I looked at his car to see everyone staring at us, waiting rather impatiently for us to finish talking so we could leave. 

"I don't care. I want to kiss my fucking girlfriend goodbye," He said before pushing our lips together. I struggled for a moment before deciding it was pointless and giving in. When we were apart, I ran my thumb over his bottom lip.

"I'll miss you, Connor. You better fucking call me," I tapped his nose and gave him a quick peck on the lips.

"I'll miss you too," We made our ways to our separate cars, both being bombarded with questions about being together.

-----

"Hello?"

"You said to call you, so here I am," Connors voice was heard on the other end of the phone. I rolled on my back and hung my head of the side of my bed, pursing my lips.

"I did not mean right as we got home, Murphy,"

"Want to meet up?"

"We saw each other two hours ago," 

"I miss you," I sat up in my bed, curling my knees to my chest as I hugged them.

"Of course, pick me up?"

"Gladly,"

=====

I feel like the ending is sort of disappointing, but you win some, you lose some.