Coming Down

No one was at the cabin when we got there, which was good because both me and Connor were high as hell, though he was more relaxed about it since he had been high plenty times before. He took a shower and threw his clothes in the laundry so that he would not smell like weed when everyone got back, and encouraged me to do the same. 

"But I don't wanna~ I wanna play games and-," I gasped, shooting up from the bean bag chair I was sitting on. "We have Doritos down stairs," I shot down the stairs and ripped the chips from the cabinet, and Connor followed suit, watching over me since he was like my high mentor. 

"You got the munchies. That's pretty common, but you can eat you Doritos once you get out of the shower. You don't want your dad knowing you smoked, do you?" He asked, a hand on his hip as he watched me with my hand halfway down the bag. I groaned, putting the bag back on the table. 

"Right, you're right. I'll take a damn shower, but don't you dare eat my chips while I'm gone,"

-

By the time I was done with my shower, I was pretty sober but a bit dizzy and queasy. I walked from the bathroom with a towel in hand, rubbing my hair to get it dry, in a tank top and sweat pants. 

"Okay the-," I stopped dead in my tracks when I saw Zoe on a bean bag, watching a musical on the PlayStation. "Oh, you're back. How was the spa?" I swung slightly as I walked, but tried to act natural as I plopped on the foot of the bed where Connor was sitting and reading a book. 

"It was good, refreshing," Zoe shot a glare at her brother before continuing. "What did you do while we were gone? If Connor pestered you, I'll kick his a-,"

"Zoe, he was fine. Great, even. We drove around and went to a strip mall," I offered her a smile and plopped down next to Connor, looking over his shoulder at the book in his hands. "Whatcha readin'?"

"You look oddly close," Zoe leaned on the bed, crossing her arms over each other and placing her chin on them.

"Today was the perfect opportunity to get comfortable with each other again, and we took it. We hung out and caught up with things,"

"So," Zoe smirked, walking up to my side of the bed as she looked at Connor. "Did he tell you about how he gets high all the time, and has the worst temper ever?" I cocked my head, arching a brow at her.

"I don't care if he gets high or has a bad temper, Zoe, what does it matter?" She glared at me before continuing. 

"Or that he had to go to rehab. Or was suspended at school for getting in so many fights?" I could feel Connor shift on the bed, and held his arm so he would not move, shooting him a look.

"Zoe, I don't care about that stuff. What's the point of bringing it up?" She groaned, flopping on her back at my feet. 

"I want you to realize how horrible he is,"

"He isn't horrible,"

"How do you know? You haven't seen us in a year," She laid on her side, putting her head on her arm which she had propped herself up on. 

"So how do I know you aren't horrible? All you've done so far is say how horrible Connor is when I had a blast with him today," The room went silent, both Murphy siblings staring at me in awe. 

"Kids! Dinner's ready!"

-

Dinner was awkward beyond belief. I was sure that everyone could tell something was up with us three, but it took about fifteen minutes for Cynthia to ask us anything.

"What's going on with you kids?" No one said anything for a moment.

"It's nothing," Zoe responded after a beat. 

-

Same as the night before, Connor and I was awake late in the night trying to beat each other at a game, this time Mortal Komat. I was winning this one, much like he won just about every game of Mario Cart. 

"Not fair, your dad raised you playing Mortal Kombat and normal Mario, basically shoving the games down your throat," I shrugged, sticking my tongue out at him.

"All that suffering paid off for something. If I want to win money from someone in a bet, bet that I can win at a match of this," I smirked as her rolled his eyes at me. 

"Anyway," Connor dropped the controller onto the ground around his bean back, leaning back to crack his back satisfyingly for him, and making me cringe at the sound. "How was your first high?" 

"Honestly, most of it is fuzzy. All I remember is that it felt damn good for the time,"

"That's pretty normal. What do you remember?" I paused, putting my hands on my cheeks as I hunched over, my elbows resting on my knees.

"Last thing I remember before the fog is... Trying not to choke on the smoke because I knew you would laugh at me," He grinned sharply, eyes shining with mischief.

"Bitch, took the fun from me," I rolled my eyes, smiling at him. "What is the first thing you remember after the fog?" 

"Sticking my head out of the car window like a dog, screaming at you to swerve out of the way of a bunny in the road,"

"You almost made us crash," I shrugged, and he bumped my shoulder, both of us starting to laugh. 

"What happened while I was out of it?" His laughter started to subside, and was replaced with him curling into himself and trying to avert my gaze. Finally, he flopped a hand over his eyes and groaned.

"You started talking about what you would do with those condoms you bought. I mean, I did ask, but I did not expect your answer," My body heated up right away, and I shoved my face in my hands. 

"Shit, what did I say?"

"First you said that you would use them if you found anyone hot, but then you said that you wanted to get it over quickly and the only people close enough to you to do that is me and my sister,"

"But Zoe is straight?"

"Exactly," My face flushed, and the room was suddenly way too hot for comfort.

"Oh," A beat passed, and then another. "Well... I mean, I was high and a bit loopy. I understand that uh... Our deep thoughts come out when high or drunk or something but... Just ignore it, will ya?"

"I think you're underestimating how intense that is," He scratched the back of his neck and shifted uncomfortably in the bean bag. 

"Maybe, but it's not like I was flirting or expected anything from it. It was more of saying that I trust you," I picked up my controller from the carpet, holding it up. "Now, I want to continue beating your ass in Mortal Kombat,"