Not the most romantic

I woke up in Connors arms, and pried myself out carefully. After doing my morning routine, I went down the stairs to see Cynthia in the kitchen, making pancakes. 

"I'll help,"

-

it was not too much longer that everyone was awake. They each sluggishly made their ways to the table and waited for breakfast to be placed in front of them, and then we were all sat around the table, eating silently. I felt like the air was thick, but I was almost certain that only me and Connor could feel it.

-

Connors hands clenched tightly to the fabric of my shirt, and his whole body tensed. He seemed to stop breathing for a moment, so I moved away, our kiss breaking. His eyes were tightly shut, and he opened them to look at me. After a minute or two of just staring at each other, he quickly attached our lips back together, our teeth clanking from the force. 

After we released from the second kiss, we had a mutual understanding that we needed to sleep and have time to think about what had happened. I simply got off of him and laid down  on Zoe's side of the bed. Five minutes of silence, I felt his hand on my shoulder, and turned to see what he wanted. He looked at me expectingly, patting the part of the bed that I usually slept on, so I scooted closer, and he placed a shaky hand on my waist.

-

All morning, what happened the night before was all I could think of. The feeling of Connors mouth on mine ghosted on my lips. 

We barely talked until Wednesday. Zoe insisted I go to a museum with her, and I dragged Connor along with us. It was a modern art museum. Didn't have any of that old art, paintings of mountains and waterfalls and men on horses or women making pies. It was not paintings of naked gods, either. A lot of it was sculptures of body horror or abstract stuff.

"What's this bullshit?" Connor muttered as he looked at a mannequin head with wires coming out of its eyes, ears, mouth, and nose. 

"I think it's uh... Interesting at least," I let out a weak laugh, and we fell into silence. 

"Where's... Zoe?"

"She's a couple rooms over. Checking out the unique instruments, and videos of people playing a bunch of them at once," I chewed at my bottom lip nervously. He was about to walk away when I put a hand on his shoulder, and he spun around to look at me. "Have you-uh- thought about what happened yesterday?" I couldn't look at him, and stared at the sculpture again. I could feel heat crawl up my neck, and to my face. 

"How could I not?" He laughed airily. 

"Well...?" His eyebrows rose in question.

"What do you want from it?" I sighed heavily and slumped my shoulders, groaning. 

"I just- I can't... Ignore the feelings I have... For you," My teeth sunk into my bottom lip painfully, but I didn't do anything to stop it. My eyes were shut tight as well, and I had half a mind to think Connor had walked away, being that he was so silent. I then jumped at the feeling of a hand going under my chin. My eyes opened to meet his ocean-like eyes. He leaned in, and I thought he was going to kiss me, but it seemed like he backed out last second and only kissed the corner of my lips before pulling away.

Right as he pulled away, he made sure to not look at me as he held my wrist and pulled me towards the door. 

"Come on, lets find Zoe,"

-

It may not have been the most romantic way to get together, but every time I thought about it, an uncontrolable smile would make its way on my face. 

Connor was super touchy through the rest of the trip, but we were trying to keep it a secret. At any moment he could, he would drag me away from who ever we were with just so he could push my up against a counter and kiss or even just hug me. 

That lead to, on the day before the last one we had in the cabin, Zoe coming from the shower to see her brother on top of me, leaving hickies on my neck. She blew a fuse and refused to sleep in the same bed as us, claiming we had sex on it and she did not want our cooties.