Chapter 17

Chapter 17

When I walk into work on Monday the first thing I notice is Maggie chatting happily with some random customers. This might not seem that weird except for what she happens to be talking to them about.

“Then he asked me if I wanted to hang out again today and I said yes of course. I have no clue what we are doing or what I should wear. Do you think that this means we are a couple now? I mean, we have been going on a lot of dates lately. Do I have to wait until he asks to make it official or do you think we already are?” Maggie rambles on, completely oblivious to the fact that the people look like they could care less.

“Look, we really have to go,” the man says and starts edging towards the door.

“Wait! I still haven’t told you about our phone conversation from last night!” she shouts after them as the couple makes there escape. I hear the woman mutter something about crazy employees before they disappear outside.

“Maggie, what are you doing?” I ask, trying not to laugh.

I was almost tempted to see if she would chase after them or if she was going to start telling some other random customer about her and Daniel’s dating. I noticed her eyeing up some elderly couple, though, and decided I should step in before she started talking their ears off.

“Nothing, I just wanted to have a conversation with someone about Daniel since you weren’t here yet!” she exclaims defensively.

“I don’t think it’s considered a conversation if you’re the only one that’s talking,” I laugh and she glares at me.

“I’ll have you know that they were very interested in me and Daniel’s relationship. They just had somewhere they needed to be is all,” she tells me, hands on hips.

“Whatever you say, Mags,” I reply and she follows me back into the kitchen.

“So, how are things between you and Liam?” she asks as I clock in.

“Great actually. I told him that I loved him on Saturday,” I admit blushing.

“What did he say?” she squeals.

“Oh, well he said that he didn’t feel the same way and that we needed to break up,” I reply with a little smirk.

“Oh my gosh! No he didn’t!” she shouts and I’m momentarily afraid for Liam’s life. I think she is about ready to go beat him up or something.

“I’m just joking! Relax,” I laugh and she glares at me.

“That wasn’t funny,” she sniffs and turns her head to the side.

“Sorry. Anyway, tell me about you and Daniel. I assume things are going well?”

“You could say that,” she grins and bobs her head so that her curls start bouncing up and down.

“Aren’t we supposed to do some double date thing soon?”

“Yes! How about this Friday? Please say yes!” she begs with so much enthusiasm that I’m pretty sure she must have been eating pixie sticks again. They always make her go absolutely crazy.

“I’ll ask Liam, but that should be fine,” I say and she starts jumping up and down. “Hey, Maggie? How many pixie sticks have you eaten today?”

“Ummm, five?” she tells me and I tilt my head to the side, showing her that I don’t believe it for a second. “Okay, okay! I may have had somewhere around seventeen.”

“Maggie! Those things are pure sugar. No wonder you’re so hyper.” I shake my head at her, but she just laughs.

“Well, I needed something to get me through work today,” she shrugs and I roll my eyes in return.