Chapter 12

Chapter 12

“You’re gonna make me late!” I giggle as Liam leans in to kiss me again.

I press my hands against his chest, about to push him away, but then he deepens the kiss. My fists clench almost involuntarily around the fabric of his shirt, pulling him closer to me. I wish I could stay like this forever, but I know my boss has got to be getting angrier by the second. It seems, though, that I don’t have an ounce of self-control because no matter what I can’t seem to make myself pull away. Eventually Liam breaks the kiss and gives me an adorable little grin.

“You’re already late,” he tells me, but is able to stop himself from distracting me for any longer.

“If I lose my job, I’m blaming you!” I joke as I climb out of his car.

I quickly go into Oliver’s, hoping I won’t get into too much trouble. I hardly even make it inside the door before my boss is asking me where I have been. I tell him that I had to stay after school for a detention and then he points out to me that detention ends at 4:30 and it is now 5:00. The only thing I can come up with is that there was a lot of traffic. It is a terrible excuse, I know, but I’m not good at lying! My boss just shakes his head and tells me not to let it happen again. I assure him that it won’t and then get to work.

It seems like it is just going to be another boring night at work, until Maggie comes up to me halfway through service with a gigantic grin spread across her face. She ignores the fact that I am about to serve a table and drags me into one of the back rooms, where no one will hear out conversation.

“What’s going on?” I ask, even though I already have a feeling I know what it is.

“Daniel and I are going on a date!” she exclaims, in a voice that was meant to be a whisper, but comes out as a scream.

“It’s about time!” I say. “When did he ask you out?”

“Well, I asked him actually. I got sick of waiting, so I just went up to him and told him how I felt,” she informs me.

“And what did he say?” I question her curiously. I wish I was there when she told him! The look on his face would have been priceless, I bet.

“He told me that he felt the same way, but never asked me out before because he was scared I’d say no.”

“Why would he think that? I even told him you would say yes!”

“You WHAT?” she demands angrily.

“Well, he was asking about you, so I told him to just ask you out already because you like him too. Apparently, he didn’t take my word for it.”

“You know, if I weren’t so happy right now we would definitely be having an argument about this. You can’t just tell guys I like them!”

“I’m sorry, but I mean, it is obvious the two of you liked each other. I had to do something!” I reply and she can’t help but to smile.

“Anyway, I was thinking we could do that double date thing that you were talking about. I mean, not right away or anything since Daniel and I haven’t even gone on our first date together, but in a few weeks if everything is going good then I definitely want to,” she rambles.

“That sounds like fun. Just let me know when you want to, so I can figure out what to do with Addie and everything,” I reply and she nods her agreement.

“I guess we should probably get back to work, huh?” Maggie grins and I smile in return.

I shouldn’t have stayed back here so long since my boss is already mad at me tonight, but I’m one of his best workers. I should be allowed to be a little late every now and then. Or take a few minutes off to discuss something kind of important with a friend. I mean, Maggie does it all the time and she doesn’t get in trouble for it.