Chapter 16

Since the last chapter was shorter, here is an early update! I hope you like it :)

*********************************************************************************************************

Chapter 16

“So, why did your dad say he wanted you to come to dinner tonight anyway?” I ask as we are driving to some fancy restaurant that his father told us to meet him at.

“I don’t know really. He just asked me to come, but I’m sure he has some reason. He never just asks me to come over or do things with him, so there has to be something he wants,” Liam replies, seeming frustrated.

Even after he gave in and said he would go, he still was uncertain about it. I have been trying to convince him the whole ride that it’s the right thing to do, but he doesn’t believe me. I’m not even sure if he should believe me. I mean, he knows his dad better than I do.

“Or he might just have missed you and wanted to see you. Try to be positive,” I urge and he shrugs.

The remainder of the drive is in silence. I know that Liam is thinking about his dad and I’m not sure if I should interrupt his thoughts or not. By the look on his face he isn’t thinking nice things about him, so maybe I should. But then again I don’t know what to say. There really is no way I can make him feel better about going to see his dad. I just have to hope that the dinner goes well.

Liam pulls his car into an empty parking space, looking annoyed when he notices which restaurant it happens to be. It is one that I have never heard of, probably because I could never afford to eat here.

“He couldn’t have just picked somewhere normal to eat?” Liam mumbles. “He always has to show off how much money he has. It’s ridiculous.”

“It’s fine, Liam. Just relax,” I say calmly.

We walk into the restaurant and Liam’s shoulders tense as he walks up to the hostess. I grab his hand it squeeze it gently, hoping to give him some reassurance. I try to let go after, but he holds on tightly.

The hostess directs us to our table where are reservations are at. Liam’s father is already seated at the table along with someone else. It’s a girl that looks to be around twenty-five. She has long blonde hair and wide blue eyes, a typical Barbie. I probably shouldn’t be judging her, but she is here with a man almost twice her age. Sure he is a good-looking man, but I’m pretty sure that’s not why she would be with him. That probably has something to do with the amount of money he makes as a surgeon.

Seeing this girl makes Liam even more pissed off. His father must have known that it would make him angry, so I’m not sure why he would have brought her. Of course, Liam would get upset over seeing his dad with another woman after he cheated on his own mother. Not to mention the fact that the girl is so young she could practically be his sister.

“Son,” Mr. Chase greets Liam, standing up from the table. He gestures for us both to take a seat and then he does the same. “Dakota, nice to see you again.”

“You too, sir,” I reply.

“I told you, Dakota. Call me David,” he says and I give a little nod, even though I don’t plan on it. “Son, I’d like you to meet my girlfriend, Samantha.”

“It’s so nice to finally meet you!” the girl chirps and then pulls Liam out of his chair and into a hug.

With her heels on she is a lot taller than him, which means that right now she is squishing his head into her chest. I might be jealous if it weren’t for the look of disgust on his face when he finally manages to get free of her grasp.