1.2

Thalia loved the rain, the feeling of the cool liquid against her skin gave her great comfort

Thalia loved the rain, the feeling of the cool liquid against her skin gave her great comfort. The sensation of soft sand between her toes helped slow her rapid thoughts. The burn like pattern that had wrapped around her legs refused to fade, the branding of a criminal. Thalia had been marked. 

Thalia let out an angry sigh, throwing a handful of sand towards the waves in frustration. Why now? Why had she not been stopped before?  Lost in thought she didn't even notice the boy that took a seat beside her on the beach. 

"Penny for your thoughts?" Embry asked, wrapping his hand around hers. 

"I have been summoned," she told him. Her hopeless eyes watching the waves that crashed against one another as they battled towards the shore. If she tried hard enough she could picture the water warriors known to ride the waves fighting ferocious wars in the form of tempests. 

"What does that mean?" her human asked in confusion, willing the girl to look at him and tell him what he could do to fix things.  

"Your tribe has treaties, yes? One's that cannot be broken amongst fellow tribes?"

"You could say that"

"Well amongst the different pods, we have rulers who enforce laws and treaties like you Quileutes. They are direct descendants of Poseidon, the god of the sea. They are called the Caesers - the kings. When a law has been broken the Caesers summon you before the eight pods to be judged," Thalia informed him, her voice calm as she turned to face Embry.

"But you haven't broken any laws," He said in a daze of confusion. He couldn't help but reach out to her as the tears began to pool in her eyes. He was quick to wipe away the first tear that had trailed down her face, "Why would you get summoned?"

"For being with you"

 ___

Okay I know this is incredibly short and probably not the best but this just needs to be here cause it leads into part two. Sorry for the long wait for something so short but I have been super busy prepping for my next set of Uni exams which start tomorrow (I really should be studying right now). I hope to the next chapter up once I'm finished with my exams.