0.3

Embry Call had an affinity for art

He received his first set of paints at the age of six, a gift he truly cherished - well at least before it got brushed off by others. His friends regarded it as stupid and girly while adults saw it as nothing more than a hobby. Yet in the privacy of his room Embry spent his time painting landscapes and sketching his dreams. Before he shifted, he had dreamed of art college, building a portfolio that he now knew would stay hidden in his bedroom.

He knew once he became apart of the pack that the tribe and his newly found imprint were more important than his silly dreams. Yet as he sat with his sketchbook in hand, watching Thalia float and bask in the sun, he knew that his dreams would stay somewhat alive. The boy had spent nights practicing, blending different hues of blues and greens in order to capture the perfect image of her.

It had become a routine to visit the girl by the water, he enjoyed her presence and her futile attempts to babble in english. He wanted to teach her but the boy had never been great at school and his attendance had recently diminished over time. He had snapped out of his thoughts as Thalia called out to him in hopes of seeing what he had been working on.

"Em-bree," she had changed position since he had last looked up, leaning against the rocks in a picture perfect pose. The boy held up his sketchbook shyly, embarrassed by his work. It was a rough sketch of her laid back in the pool of water, her eyes closed and long hair sprawled out like a halo floating upon the water and caressing her skin. The girls murky eyes stared awe at the sketch, her hand reaching towards her face slowly tracing her features before slowly tracing the page.Their eyes met, a blush crossing over both their cheeks.

The boy placed his sketchbook back in his bag before dipping his bare feet into the water. The perks of his intense body heat meant the abnormally cold water was more refreshing than anything else. Thalia gave the boy a coy smile before she sank deeper in the water, slowly disappearing. He felt slightly uneasy, knowing she had a mischievous side to her with a tendency to drag him in for a swim.

Without the miss of a beat he was dragged underwater, he let out a yelp as he broke through the surface spluttering. He waded in the water, whipping his head around in search for the girl. He felt cool arms wrap around him, her chin resting lazily on his shoulder with a content sigh escaping his lips. The boy felt a warmth graze against his cheeks a he felt her pressed up against him. He spun around, eyes locking, human legs brushing against the mermaids tail.

Thalia's hair fell into her eyes causing her to blow out a puff of hot air in exasperation. Embry's stomach seemed to flip as he took in her beautiful features. She was enticing, everything about her would lure a person in. The sheer beauty of her nonhuman features made the tales of mermaids dragging sailors to their deaths so easy to understand. The boy knew if he was a sailor he would have willingly dove into the water to be with such a beautiful creature. The boy moved to stroke her hair, watching as she flinched once his hand landed on her shoulder.

"Did you get hurt?" He frowned, gently turning her around to find a large and somewhat infected gash along her shoulder blade. Embry's eyes widened realising that it needed to be cleaned up or it would get worse.

"I'll have to bring something to fix this tomorrow," he told her, pressing a kiss to her left shoulder.

_______

Embry happily returned the next day with a spring in his step. He found Thalia patiently basking on the rocks like normal, it always appeared that she knew when to expect him. She was always so careful to not be spotted by everyday passersby, yet she always waited for him on the rocks. He eagerly took a seat next to her, quickly pulling the first aid kit he packed out of his bag. The boy quickly got to work, disinfecting and bandaging her cut up before placing a small kiss on top of the bandage.

"My mom always says kisses making things better," he blushed, as Thalia shifted ever so slightly to face him.

"Ah k..kiss?" Thalia repeated in confusion, she concentrated on sounding out the words like Embry had told her.

"You never heard of kisses?" Embry frowned, he had assumed that everyone knee what kisses were. Even bloodsuckers kissed, if monsters could, why couldn't Mermaids.

"No," Thalia simply answered, "kiss, please" she added holding out her hand. Embry laughed shaking his in amusement. The boy took her hand in his and lowered it.

"No, it's nothing something you can hold," he whispered, grasping Thalia's cheek softly leaning forward slowly. He didn't want to force himself on her, so made sure to take things slow in case she wanted to say no.

The boy softly pressed his lips against Thalia's, closing his eyes embracing the salty taste of her lips. The girl's eyes were wide in shock before they fluttered shut, melting into the boys warm embrace. She enjoyed the tingling sensation she felt in her stomach and the heat that flurried throughout her body.

This moment, this perfect moment made Thalia realised that there was more to life than the ocean.

-

Edited

Even though I have extremely edited this portion of the book I really couldn't lose the Peter Pan moment