Chapter 21 ~ Prophets, Angels, & Pizza

Note: So I know this chapter is longer than usual but I couldn't think of anything I needed to cut and had no idea how to split it into more than one chapter so yeah - enjoy lol 

Episode: Season 15 - Our Father, Who Aren't in Heaven Pt. 1

My lips connected to Dean's over and over slowly, savoring each kiss as if it would be our last. And with the life we led, sometimes it was hard to know when it would be. But for now, it just felt good, it felt right to be like this - together. Currently I was straddling him as he sat on the edge of our bed, his arms wound around me with hands resting on the curve of my hips. He'd been in the process of getting ready for the day, lacing up his boots, when I'd persuaded him into a kissing session. Not, of course, that he'd resisted. I couldn't either - not after he'd put on that denim shirt of his I loved so much.

We hadn't really told the kids yet, though. But I think Sam knew already - or at least suspected. I could tell by the way he was smirking at me the next morning, as if he knew what had happened on our Hunt. And by association, I had a sneaking feeling he'd told Eileen as well. Honestly, I liked her, though. She was good for Sammy.

That and Roman approved of her which made me like her that much more. I was also happy that he and Sam had grown closer while we were away. Now if only Yaz could get to know her father...

Dean began to pull away then to no avail as I kept bringing him back in for one more kiss, "Come on, Parksy, come on. I got stuff to do today. Cas went to track down Donatello and I need to see how that's going. Then maybe we can finally defeat Chuck,"

Pouting, I released him from my grip and moved to sit on the bed as he stood up. A smile lit up his face and he shook his head upon noticing my expression.

Taking my chin between his fingers, he looked me square in the eyes, "When this is all over, I promise to make it up to you. We'll have the rest of our lives to spend with each other, right?"

I brightened up at the thought as I nodded in response before he gave me a chaste kiss on the lips.

From the looks of it, Dean might have to keep his promise soon. Turns out, Cas was able to find Donatello after all.

The old man with the stringy white hair looked back at us from behind smudged spectacles, an anxious expression on his face, "I'm not sure I'm ready for this. What you're trying to do, it- it doesn't sound possible!"

"Look, we know that Chuck overpowered his sister, the Darkness, and locked her up, so..." Dean trailed off.

I tried to stop a smirk from forming on my face as my eyes raked Dean up and down from where I sat, perched atop one of the many tables in the library. Man, he was looking fine in those tight, black jeans. Had to admire a man who could work a tight pair of jeans - it was a gift.

"Why don't you just kill him?" Donatello asked in confusion.

"God has to exist to maintain the balance of the universe. Without him, creation would fall apart," Sam supplied, ever the knowledgeable one.

"Right, so, the best thing to do is toss him in solitary and throw away the key," Dean went on.

"Okay, but the last time-" the old prophet started as he got up from his seat, "-it took the power God to do this? I mean, even if he has a hidden flaw, do you have the power of God?"

"You know what? Uh, one step at a time. You figure out how to lock him up, we'll take care of the rest," Sam smiled reassuringly.

The prophet's face fell and I could tell that that hadn't reassured him in any way, shape, or form as a long sigh escaped his mouth, "Oh. And, guys, when I go crazy again, just shoot me."

Well, that all sounded good in theory. And in truth, we did find out that Chuck had a weakeners, some sort of secret. Which was great..until Donatello ended up being a walkie-talkie for him. That's when the really bad news came. He told us that if we didn't stop, he'd just go down the list of those we loved, picking us off one by one. It was a do-or-die situation - quite literally.

"Well, the bunker's warding is intact, but it clearly doesn't withstand God. How much do you think he heard?" Cas was saying as he walked back into the room.

"He heard enough," Sam said, arching his eyebrows briefly as he shook his head in consternation.

"So...do we...drop it?"

"Donnie, I think it might be safer if you went on home," Dean finally said, addressing the prophet.

The old man's eyes widened, relief emanating off of him, "Really? I have to leave? Oh, that's too bad. I'll, uh I'll just get my stuff."

With that, he took the half-empty bucket of fried chicken and his jacket with him before he proceeded to run out of the Bunker.

"No, we're not dropping this," Dean said to Cas then after we were sure Donatello was gone.

"Donna, Jody, even Yasmin and Roman - they're not safe,"

"They'll never be safe," Sam interceded, "As long as Chuck is out there, it's only a matter of time..."

"-before he rounds them up and offs 'em. Just to watch us suffer," Dean snapped, finishing for his brother.

"The only way to keep them safe, to keep everyone safe is to take Chuck down," I said quietly, hating to have to agree with them in this moment.

"Which is exactly what we're gonna do." my husband stated, leaving no room for argument.

Poor Cas. He was outnumbered this round.

"Are we seriously talking about going to Hell to try to speak to Michael? Michael, who is in the Cage, and insane?" the angel asked in disbelief.

"Yeah, and who told us that?" Sam put in.

"Lucifer. And Chuck. Now, I trust them as far as I can throw them. But, Cas, if you wanna stay here, why don't you stay here?" Dean snapped at his former friend before walking off to get ready.

Sam and I shared a knowing look before I glanced back over at the angel. He looked beaten, sad. Through Sam, I'd heard about the whole thing - about their mother, Mary, coming back, about the half-angel boy they'd tried to raise, Jack, who killed her... I knew Dean blamed Cas for it all and I hated it for him, for both of them...

Sam walked off then to get ready as well, clapping Cas lightly on the back before exiting the room. I knew I'd have to ready myself, too - Yaz and Romy would stay with Eileen. If Sam trusted her, so did I.

Silence reigned in the small library then and I bit my lip, truly not knowing what to say for once in my life. But finally, a memory resurfaced and I couldn't help but grin up at my old friend.

"So, Cas, I've been meaning to ask you something since I got back..." I trailed off, pushing a strand of ebony hair behind my shoulder.

"Yeah? What's that?" he asked me in his monotone voice that we'd all become so accustomed to over the years.

"Do you still watch the Pizza Man?"