5° Chapter (Edited)

Hi, my pretties, enjoy the chapter.

Chapter 5 -

The clouds in the sky flew above my head, faster than ever. Black as the darkest night, they stood, hovering over me. Looking down at me. Hiding my ancestors behind their grey bodies. My ancestors, who looked down on me with pitiful eyes. On the ground, behind the trees and the bushes, hidden in the holes on the ground. From all places my ancestors looked down at me.  I was a failure. Even to them, I was a failure. I was a failure to my mate, to my parents, to my ancestors. I was a failure to everyone.

As I watched the sky, a shadow came from behind and grabbed my arm, turning me around.

The shadow belonged to no man. It was simply there. A giant shadow that had the most vibrant red eyes. There was nothing that revealed the nature of the man. No nose, no skin. Nothing. He was just a shadow with blazing red eyes.

- I can give you what you want Archer. - It said in a low, raspy voice.

"What do I want?" I asked myself. Nothing mattered to me. The only thing I desired was the only thing I cannot have. Tyler. His name bounced around my skull until it faded in the darkness that filled my head. 

- I can give you that, Archer. - It said, like it had read my thoughts.

- You can? - I asked a little unsure.

- Yes.

- How?

- You just have to join me. - The 'Shadow', as I had named him, smiled at me. But his smile was ugly. A mouth full of yellowed, rotten tooth, sharp as razor blades. And it scared me to hell and back.

~*~

I woke up in my bed, sweat coated my entire body. I was a tangled mess of sweat. My heart raced at the same intensity it raced during the dream.

Was it even a dream? Or was it a vision? Was it an invention of my subconscious, or is it something deeper, meaner?

I do not know, and I might not ever find out. I looked at the clock in my nightstand.

6:00 AM.

Why was I waking up now? I could've been asleep for more half hour until I would wake up to work in the kitchens.

I placed my head on the pillow again. Waiting to be taken away by the darkness. But nothing happened. I rolled around in the bed, trying to make myself comfortable. But it didn't work out. Nothing did.

When I noticed it was already 7:00 AM and I couldn't sleep again. I threw the covers of my bed to the ground and stood up. My body hurt. I moved to my bathroom to take a quick shower. As I stood naked in front of the mirror I noticed something in my arm. It was a mark. A hand shape burn made contrast with my whitish skin. The hand mark was placed in the exact spot where the 'Shadow' had touched me.

I put a finger in it and it hurt like hell. How could I not notice this? Why didn't it hurt until now?

I didn't have time to think about it. I hopped in the shower. I took at least five minutes to get out of the water and dry myself with a towel. I went to my room and picked some random clothes putting them on.

I walked fast as the sun started to glow in the pink-ish sky. It was beautiful, and if I wasn't almost late to work I would have watched this miracle of nature. But I didn't have time.
I moved faster in the kitchens direction. I was almost there. I could see the front door of the kitchen.

As I open the oak door, I heard someone say:

- You're late.

- But, it's just by a minute. - I argued.

- Is this the impression you want to give your superiors? - Chef Alan asked.

- I'm sorry, Sir. It won't happen again.

- It better not. Is this the way you'll act once you find your mate? - My eyes filled with water, but I stood my ground. I shook my head quickly and turned around, heading for a sink to wash some dishes.

Chef Alan words played in my mind the entire day. 

"I will never have a mate."

 This was what I was thinking the whole day as I washed dishes from the Dominants and Omegas that didn't work in the kitchens.

I thought of that when I clean the dishes, as I ate my lunch with the others Omegas, as I walked back towards my room.
And at late night, before I slipped away to my sleep on thought lingered in my torturous mind.

"I will never have a mate again."

~*~

I didn't see Archer all day after our discussion. He is probably in the kitchens, cleaning the mess others did. I didn't know why he had decided to work there, knowing that he is the Alpha and the Luna's son, he really didn't have to do anything. He could just relax and not think of anything other than nothing. That's what I would do, but not Archer. He tried to help everyone in the best way that he could.

After our little conversation – a.k.a discussion, I had been in a foul mood.  Taylor noticed it, so I guess it wasn't that hard to miss.

He said he knew about what I told to Taylor about my mate being dead. I had no other choice, how could I explain to her that I had rejected the one good thing the Gods gave us? She had lost her mate. I still did not know why. She never wanted to talk about that and I never pressured her into saying anything.

Why did it have to be so hard? Having a mate, I mean. Archer was such a complicated person, why can't he just submit and we're fine? I guess that that is not the concept of a relationship, but it worked with me. Why couldn't it work for Archer?

This relation is going to be harder to deal with than I had originally thought. It had never in a million years crossed my mind that Archer would resist to me. I guess that this might seem that I am so full of myself and my looks, but no I'm not. I just thought that he would not be able to resist the pull. Like I haven't been able to do it myself. How could he resist the pull, which is something no wolf should have been able to resist?

Maybe he just has a lot of control. Maybe it is different with him. Perhaps it is not as strong as it is with me.

Tyler walked into his room, the bed was still unmade. Tyler sank down in the softness of his bed sheets and closed his eyes. Ever since he got here, it seemed that Archer was only farther and farther away from him. It was like a never ending torture. Sometimes he would see Archer, walking alone or going to the kitchens, and he just wanted to grab him and show him how much he loved him. But then reason would come to him and he left. He disappeared for a few hours to metalize himself that until Archer say that he wanted him there, he could not touch his own mate.

He promised himself that he would stay away from him, but every time he saw his little mate, he would come a little closer to break the promised he had made.