15° Chapter (Edited)

Chapter 15 -

There have been times when I have craved things. Things I wanted, but I couldn't have. This was a moment like that.

I wanted to feel the embrace of my father. How his arms would warm me every time he wrapped them around my tiny frame; how he would make laugh when he tickled me while in his embrace.

It was moments like this that I craved and missed the most.
The feeling of knowing that no matter what he would be there, waiting for me to come to him. He was my safe heaven, he was my rock.

I would make Dominic pay for his servants' actions and he would suffer a pained death. One that I would very much like to give him.

"Follow your instincts and you will find what your heart wants the most."

The words my mother had told me wondered around in my head, as if trying to tell me something.

What did my heart most desire? Revenge for my father's death? To be with my mate without this complications?

Right now, I think I just want to be left alone for a while. I left my room and stepped to the cold stone floor of the hall. There was no one in the corridor and I was glad. I followed through the hall to the nearest exit which led me to the backyard of the Pack House.

I walked to a bench that stood in the border of the woods and face them, my mind deep in thoughts.

Why had them killed my father? Of course, he was a skilled fighter and could do some damage had he gotten close enough to my kidnappers, but he was only trying to save me, right?

It all comes to me, does it not? He died because I was kidnapped. He died because I am this thing that goes against the nature. I am unnatural! Why would my father want to protect such a thing, as myself? Why did he give his life for me?

"Why? Why? Why?"

I kept asking myself as time passed by. It was almost midnight when I got back to my room again. No one had sensed that I was out there. No one had come to check on me. Not even my mate. Perhaps they thought I just needed some space?

But why fool myself? I knew that they did not care about me, after I made my father get killed. It were my mistakes that killed him; it is my fault that he is dead.

And now it is up to me to fix that. It is up to me to make Dominic pay for his mistakes. For they might not have been bigger than mine, but they certainly were worse.

When I knew everyone was asleep I went to the training room to get my silver daggers, the ones my father had given me. I walked out of the Pack House knowing that I would not be missed until it was too late.
I got into the car my dad had bought me after my twentieth birthday. I hadn't used it much. There was no need for that. But now I was glad that my father had bought it even though I had told him that there was no need for it.

I turned the key and the vehicle came to life in my hands. I speed on quietly, careful not to make much sound, in order not to wake the entire pack in my escape.

I listened to my instincts and they told me to go north. I followed that direction for what seemed like hours, and when I stopped at a Gas Station, the sun was already rising.

After filling the tank with gasoline and buying some snacks to eat during the journey to Dominic's hideout, I went back to driving my car.

I was driving past a forest, when I had the urge to stop the car and get out.

I left the car and walked towards the woods, my senses on high alert. I wasn't stupid. I knew that whatever that had called me here wanted to do me wrong. To hurt me.