11° Chapter (Edited)

Chapter 11 -

I woke up in the forest behind the Pack House. In the same clearing. The Altar to the Gods rose up behind me, towering high above me. I was lying on the ground. The night sky had long come, filling the night with bright stars and the beautiful midnight blue that painted the skies. I used to love that colour. Before everything changed. I still like the colour just not as much. I guess you could say that I lost interest in a lot of things. The moonlight touched my skin. Just a little kiss but I could feel it warming my skin and I shivered.

I remember the voice that echoed in my dream. The one that screamed that I was his. The voice that was filled with happiness knowing that I belonged to them. It was the same voice as the man in my dreams. It was the voice of the 'Shadow'. As I rose up from where I was laying I realised that I already knew what I had to do. I couldn't just rely on my powers. Because in the end, they wouldn't save me. Because no matter what, they would always fail me.

As I made my way to the place I had in mind I made a list of all the weapons I could choose. For a person of my size there weren't many choices. I stopped in front of a gigantic white door. When I opened it, it lead to a training room.

The simple brown floor guided me to a table that stood in the back of the room, its surface full of weapons. Swords. Katanas. Daggers. Guns. Knives. There were a lot of weapons in it. I knew that there were more in the back room.

I looked around the table, searching for the weapon I already knew I would use. The silver daggers came into view. I smiled at the sight of them. I remembered when I first got them.

~*~

My father had gone to the human world that day. I had always feared when he left. There was always that fear that he might not come back. But he always comes back. He was strong. I wished I could be like him but I can't. Even knowing that I'm a White Wolf I knew that I could not hope to reach the place where he is right now. The big, gentle, strong Alpha. He was what I hoped to be later in life. I wanted to be like him so that my kids would look at me and think the same thing as I think of him. I wanted them to feel the amazement I feel every time I look at him.

I was in my bedroom, the white plain walls of my bedroom watched me. They knew my secrets. They knew my worries. They knew my frustrations. I sat on the bed. The scarlet red sheets that I was sitting on, reminded me of the first time I had seen blood. I had been horrified. I hadn't been able to eat properly for a couple of weeks. Not until my dad showed me that sometimes seeing blood was okay. That sometimes there was the need to draw blood out. It was always my dad, wasn't it? It was always him that made me feel good. And loved. And wanted. And cherished. I guess you could say that my father was my rock in the always moving river of life. He held me there, and helped me to escape the force of the water that ran down the river. He was my safe heaven.

I looked at the door. I had been waiting for my father for the last hour or so. I heard the sound of the door downstairs open and close. I knew it was him. I jumped from my bed and ran downstairs. My father waited for me, with his arms held open and a big smile on his face. His blue eyes looked down on me; the smile never left his face. He looked inside a bag, searching for something. He put his hand inside the bag and took something out of it. He held in his hand a small package.

- Open it. – He said, while looking at my face, waiting for my reaction.

I tore apart the wrapping paper and held in my hand the silver daggers that looked huge in my small palms. I looked at them, fascinated by their form. There were something written alongside the edges of the blade.

"Sit lunae illuminabit te sapientiam".

I didn't know what it meant, and I didn't ask my father. Only years later I discovered the meaning of this words.