1° Chapter (Edited)

Hello, I hope you are liking how the story is going.

Photo of Tyler.

Chapter 1 -

Pain seared through my body as I woke up, screaming with pain.It was everywhere. It was in every limb. In every part of my body. It hurt so much.

I did not know what was happening. Was this the punishment of the Goddess for not being good enough for my own mate? Wasn't the pain of knowing that I had to spend my life alone, punishment enough? Apparently not.

The Goddess must really hate me. The door of my room blasted open as my mother rushed to my side.

- What happened, Archer? - Concern laced her voice.

- I don't know. - I said breathing fast - I was sleeping and then I woke up and everything was on fire. It hurts, mom.

Her eyes turned dark in anger. And then they showed concern.

- Oh, my poor child. - She said while pushing me to her chest in a bone crushing hug.

- What is happening to me, mom?

- I don't know, baby boy. I don't know.

I hugged myself in my mother's arms and stared at her through my half closed eyes. She started singing lowly a werewolf lullaby, and I fell back to sleep.

~*~

I woke up during the night, as I had done in the past three days, pain seared through my body making my limbs go numb with pain and my brain felt like it was melting in my head. I had bags under my eyes and my body was showing the tiredness I felt.

My mom and dad worried about me. They were always with me, making sure I was alright.

- Honey, we need to talk. - Mom said as she entered my room.

- About what?

- When your mate rejected you, did you accept it?

I looked in her eyes, tears welling in mine. I shook my head slowly as a no, and she hurried to me.

- Oh, baby. I know why you have been feeling pain. - She stopped and looked at me. - It seems that because you did not accept his rejection, you are feeling what he feels. And I think that what you are feeling is him having sex with another person.

- So, it was really me. - I whispered to myself. - It was all my fault.

My mom growled and I looked at her.

- It was not your fault, baby. None of it was your fault. Don't ever think that.

I nodded and then slumped in my bed, ready to go to sleep.

- Okay, mom.

Why did it have to happen to me? Why did my mate leave me? What did I do wrong? It had to be me, because there is not any other explanation. It was me. It was my fault. No matter what anyone says I will always think it was because of me. Because of how I am.

Maybe it is because I am a male. He left me because he wanted a female as a mate, but I am not one, neither would I want to be.
If I'm going to have to live my life this way, it will be a constant Hell.

I love my mate. And now there's nothing I can do about it. I'm just a sub. Weak, small and slow. I don't deserve a mate. He was right when he rejected me. It was all my fault. Everything. It was all my fault.

~*~

I heard a knock on my door. I went to open it but it opened without waiting for my answer. When it open my brother James was there looking at me. He had this look on him. I didn't know what it was.

- Little Brother, I have to tell you something. - I looked at him, maybe hopeful of some good news. - I have found my mate.

He was happy, so happy. I wished I was like him. I wish I had what he has.

- Oh my God! That is amazing! Who is she?

- She's an Omega that works at the kitchen. You probably never saw her, but she made sixteen today and I went looking for her. She is so beautiful. - He said with dreamy eyes. - She has this beautiful green eyes and she's blonde, just like you. And she is just so beautiful.

I was happy for him. I really was. It's just that I wish my mate would talk about me just like he talked about her. I smile at him. A real smile.

- I'm proud of you, James. Be good to her.

-I will little brother.

He smile at me again, and headed towards the door, and then he left. And I stayed there, looking at the door. Daydreaming about my mate. How I would be happy. I would lie in his arms at night, and he would hold me tight, close to his chest.

And I would hold his hand in public. And I would smile, and someday we would start a family.

But that's what it was. A daydream. It would never happen, not in a million years. Not even if it was what I wished the most.