Ocean of Love

A few weeks later the orphanage took us out on our semi-annual field trip to the local beach. I woke up excited for the first time in a good few months. It was warm and sunny, I got up and dressed. Gina was waiting for me in the living room. I decided to skip breakfast and went to chat with her.

" You're finally up early for once" She half yelled, running over and hugging me. I gently pushed her off.

" It seems so" I said slowly, I hadn't woken early for weeks and my grades had been suffering as a result. My teacher has taken a strong dislikeing to me, even more then previously.

" Why?" She asked.

" We have a trip today dummy" I said knocking my head mockingly.

" I know, I know, It's just didn't think you would be this excited, or even go". She shrugged, I gave her a look and went to line up with everyone else.

When we got to the beach I went with Gina and Chad for a swim. I wasted no time and was in the water only minutes after we arrived. We played tag with the waves and tried to body surf. I was happy for the first time in ages. There were odd shaped jelly blobs in the water and we threw them as each other. After a while Chad and Gina got tired of the water and went to dig a huge hole in the wet sand at the waters edge. I continued to swin as I loved the sea and this was my one chance to be free of the orphange.

I was ducking under a perticularly big wave when I saw a strange flash of electric blue. I pushed off the ocean floor and bouched to the top. I was facing the beach and I started walking out. The last thing I wanted was to end up being bitten by some weird sea creature, But before I could walk more then a meter something cold as ice lightly touched my arm. I spun around and lost my breath completely. A young man about my age stood looking at me curiously. He had a handsome boyish face. He had electric blue eyes and blonde hair almost down to his shoulders. He immediatly pulled back his hand. He looked as shocked as I was as he looked at me. I was so surprised that I fell backwards into the path of a breaking wave. I pushed up out of the wave but before I could get to the surface, the ice cold grip grabbed my hand and pulled me up. I gasped for air when I reached the top I hadn't had much air when I had gone under and had lost a fair amount as a result of the wave. I snatched my arm away because it was going numb, he looked at me apologetically. I smiled slightly, he started to smile back but then turned his head to look out to sea. He looked back his face was still shocked, he looked like he wanted to say something I looked away for a moment trying to think of how to thank this shy handsome stranger. But when I looked back he was gone and all that was left was the rolling waves.

Hope you enjoyed this chapter, I'm not entirerly sure what will happen in this story but I have heaps of ideas now that the story is starting for real... please vote etc

Love you guys xxxx