Chapter 4

We were all nervous, but we kept our cool. We knew where we were going, and they didn't that's all that mattered. After a few short hours of sleep, we left the hotel and headed for New Mexico. The trip to Alamogordo was long. Texas was never ending. But when we crossed the border the trip went fast. When we got into the town of Alamogordo I sent Andrew a text and updated about where we were. He replied telling us to go the "The space hall" that was half way up the mounted that surrounded the city. At first we had no idea where it was. So we stopped at a gas station to go inside and ask. The man inside lit up when I asked where it was, apparently it was one of the coolest things around there. After finding out it was a mile away we set off for it. When we got there it showed a great view of the land. It was pretty elevated, you could see everything from the space hall. It was not opened but the gate was unlocked so we drove to the parking lot. There was a older man sitting on the hood of a cherry red 1969 mustang. He had a soft looking face with a faint smile. When we pulled up he just handed us a package, tipped his hat and left.

Inside the package was a few documents, with a note that instructed us to go to the air base that was located just down the road. Driving down the road we all looked around at what surrounded us. It was beautiful, there was mountains everywhere we looked, the sun was shining and we could just barely see the dunes of white sands. There were houses everywhere and kids playing in the streets.

When we got to the base, we pulled up to the gate and showed the guard our I.D.'s and when to a small house that we were instructed to stay for a while. When we got to the house, we saw it was worn down, and had not been attended to in a while. We but our bags inside, then went to see what was on the base. It was kind of like a small city. It had a small mall, a pool, restaurants, and a bowling alley.

When we got back to the house, Jake went on his computer and Mac started to clean the house. I went outside to cut the grass and just make our house look good while we stayed there. It was relaxing just to do normal things for once. It was nice to have some time to think. The sun was setting when I finished doing yard work. I went inside to see what everyone was doing. Mac was at the store getting things do us to eat. I saw it as an opportunity to see how good of a shot Jake was, so I grabbed a few guns and we went to the range.

When we got there, there were a lot of people there. We got some looks from the soldiers there. They seemed mad we were there but confused at the same time. I don't blame them, two 16 year old kids just showing up at a military shooting range. They didn't know who we were. When a spot opened and we walked over to get our stuff ready to shoot one of the soldiers said with a mocking voice "You can't shoot your BB guns here"

An explosion of laughter came out from all the other guys that where there. I just ignored it and pulled out my M4A1 rifle. When they saw the type of gun it was, and the gear that was on it they weren't as cocky.

"You should but that back under your dads bed before you get hurt" one of the guys said with a chuckle.

I loaded the gun, then aimed it down ranged and unloaded on one of the targets. None of them were expecting me to actually shoot, they all jumped when I pulled the trigger.

"You didn't even hit the target" One of them said.

"Really? Why don't you go look at it and tell me I missed." I replied in a calm voice.

He walked down the range grabbed the target and walked back to the shoot house. He didn't say anything just put it next to me and walked back to where he was shooting before and continued. When Jake looked at the target he was confused.

"Where did the head go?"

"He shot it off" the soldier that went and got the target said as he threw the head into the group of men.

With that they left us alone to practice shooting.It turns out Jake wasn't that bad of a shot, he wan't the best but there was potential. We shot for about and hour when Mac showed up.

" Hey bro, we are needed in special operations room" he said.

Some of the guys shooting looked up confused at why we were needed but shrugged it off and kept shooing.

We walked over to a big building that looked super official. When we got inside we were shocked to see Andrew waiting for us in the opening of the room. He motioned us to go over by him.

"Good to see you boys, here is what's going on, while you guys have been training I have been looking for Rick, the man that has been after you two. Its time we hit him instead of him hitting us. We believe he is hiding in Santa Fe. I'm sending you to and a small team to go and try to capture him. Jake will stay with me and help guide you guys."

"Whens this happening?" I asked.

"In about six hours so get your gear ready and be back here in an hour."

With that we went back to our house and grabbed our gear. I grabbed my M4A1 and sig p250. Mac grabbed his M9 and shotgun. We put on all of our gear, and went back to the S.O. room. I studied the blueprints of the house until I had it memorized it. I followed Mac to the helicopter and we went over the breaching plan on the hour ride over to Santa Fe. Nerves where high but they went away when we landed. I jumped into a car and we rode to where the house was. It took five minutes until we got to the house. It was a simple plan, we would go in through the front doors and we would clear the house and hopefully finally kill this bastard.

When we got to the house I surveyed the area. It was on the bottom of a mountain. It was a run down old house. It was not too close to any other houses, this should have been a red flag but it slipped my mind. We grouped up at the door, Mac and myself where the lead guys. When we went in, everything slowed down. The door blew open from the explosive charge, then we closely followed, there were three guys that were grabbing guns before I squeezed the trigger on my gun. I connected with two of them, Mac got the other one. We continued through the house to find nothing. The other guys that went in with us walked outside but Mac and I stayed inside. I was in the kitchen looking for evidence Rick had been there. I opened one of the drawers and found a cell phone. I walked into the living room where Mac was and showed him the phone. I walked out the door to have one of the tech guys look at it, when it started ringing. I answered and put the phone to my ear and listened.

"Hello my friend, I see you found my safe house. I'm sorry but you just missed me. I'm sad you killed my men they were half decent. I just have one question, what type of shotgun does your friend Mac have there, it looks nice."

I turned to Mac and dropped the phone. I yelled get down but it was too late. Mac was already on the ground. The shot rang in my ear. I turned to the sound, it came from the mountain. I saw the reflection of the sun off a scope, then everything went black.

I woke up a few days later in the hospital. Confusion swept through my mind. I forgot what happened for a second, but when it came back I jumped out of my bed and almost blacked out in pain. A doctor came in yelling I needed to stay in bed. I didn't have much choice since I couldn't walk.

"MAC! MAC! WHERE IS HE!" I screamed.

"Son calm down, you need to calm down."

But I couldn't, I needed to find him. I tried to get up but failed again. Then the doctor but a shot in my arm and it was lights out from there. When I woke up Andrew and Jake where there. They told me what happened but avoided eye contact. I think they thought it was there fault. When I told them it wasn't they still avoided looking at my eyes.

"Where is Mac' I finally asked.

"Hes...hes in surgery. This is his fifth one. He got shot right in the chest. Misses his heart by an inch."

"But hes alive?"

"Yes for now, doctors said it didn't look good"

I asked them to leave so I could have a few minutes to myself. I looked where I got shot, left side of my chest two inches under my shoulder. It hurt but I tried to ignore it. I slowly sat up and called in the doctor to see I could go see Mac. He agreed but said Jake had to go with. Walking to his room was easy, but it was clear I was weak. When we got to his room I almost passes out. There was Mac, white as snow, not moving, not breathing.

How did you guys like the chapter?

Leave some feed back!:)

Next chapter in a few days!