Chapter Five

Chapter Five

It was a strange looking plant. The petals were blood red, splattered with white dots. The leaves reach outward tangling themselves together, but what really caught his attention was the smell. The smell was a bitter sweat.

“Don’t get too close to that plant.”

“Oh, sorry.” The boy brushed off his knees.

“Why?” The man questioned.

“Well, I don’t know…”

“Exactly, because you are not sorry.” The man grinned

Who is this guy? He is really starting to piss me off. “I got to get going…” the boy sighed as he eyed the man.

“You’re lying again. And to answer your question, I am nobody, yet I am somebody.” The man walked in the direction of the flower, and then he sat down.

“For one, I am not lying. Two, I didn’t ask you a question.” The boy replied while gritting his teeth. He started to walk away, but an invisible grip pulled him towards the man. What is this? The boy tried to struggle free, but he failed.

“What makes you think you can disrespect me and get away from it?” The man said angrily.

“Put. Me. Down.” The boy retorted.

“What if I don’t” The man smirked.

“Then I will kill you.”

The man laughed. “Try it”

“Gladly.” A pitch black aura swarmed around the boy. The clouds began to swarm, the trees were shriveling up, and the man he just stood there and watched.

This is going to be fun! I am glad I found him. The aura crept towards the man. He looked at the sky. Even the gods are watching; let’s give them a good show. He looked back at the boy. There was something different about him, something sinister. What with the boy’s expression? He face almost looks like a demon. The boy raised his hand, and the earth around him began to shake. Then he just disappeared.

Where is he? The man looked around, and then he caught a small flash of movement to his left. There. The man twisted to his left. “Too slow.” The boy lunged at the man’s throat, catching it in his hand.

The man smirked. “Interesting, you are better than I expected.” The man faded out of the boy’s grip, and appeared behind him. He leaned into the Boy’s ear, and then whispered. “You can’t kill me.”

The turned around, only to see a faint shadow of the man. The shadowed smirked. “I will be back.” Then he vanished, leaving only the sound of his laughter.

Where is he? What is he? The boy scanned the forest, to see all the damaged that he had caused. Well I can’t leave it like this. He looked up to the sky, and soon after light began to emerge from his body, and all around him the earth began to grow back to its formal beauty.

***

As the boy walked through the school halls, all he could hear were the whispers of his tormenters. Look the Reaper. Pointed a student. Monster. Murder. He should just go die. Their eyes showed only hate and discuss, even the instructors thought he was trash.

“Hey Ateis!” Called Euphine. One of Ateis’ two friends. His skin was an earthy brown. His eyes were that of a deep hazel. Two lines ran a crossed his face. One a crossed his nose, and the other overlapped his left eye. You could clearly tell he had the blood of old magic within him. He was either from the fairy or elvish blood line, because he had the small pointed ears, and deep indented facial structure.