Chapter Four

Chapter Four

Amicus had awoken from his sleep. God, what time is it? He looked out the window. It’s still night. He sighed, and then he ran his fingers through his hair.

“We shall not allow you to keep doing as you please!” screamed an unknown entity.

What going on? He looked at Lucian, who was still sound asleep under his covers. He turned towards the door.

“Who do you think you are? You guys are no match for me!” retorted a familiar voice.

Was that Letum? “Hey, Lucian!” He kicked the mat. “Get up” Lucian did not respond. That’s how it is going to be. He sighed, and then he yanked the covers off him. “Get your ass up!” Amicus screamed.

“What the hell do you want!?”

“It seems like Letum is in some sort of trouble”

Lucian sighed in aggravation. “So?”

“Shouldn’t we go help him?” Amicus questioned.

Lucian looked at him with aggravation, and then replied. “No, he can handle himself. Now, if that is all, and that is all, let me go to sleep.”

All the sudden there was an ear piercing sound coming from outside the room. Lucian and Amicus looked at each other in horror. What is this ungodly sound? They both staggered to get up. It seemed like the weight of the world was tearing at their muscles. Each step they took towards the door shoot a piercing pain through their nerves. Blood was trickling out their ears. Their bodies felt like they were going to give out anytime. What is happing to us?

It seemed like hours had gone by before they reached the door. The door slowly creaked open before them. There was nothing but rubble in place of the other half of the inn, and in the middle of that rubble was Letum kneeling in midair, between two pentacles. There chains wrapped around his body. One extending from each arm, and one from his legs. There were nine men surrounding him. Every set of three, they wore different type of clothing. One held a lightning bolt, another a hammer, one more had a face of a black dog.

What is happing? Why are the gods chaining up Letum? The two finally collapsed from pain. They both turned their head towards Letum.

“You can’t kill me.” Letum grinned.

“You think we don’t know that!” The man with the dog’s head screamed.

“Set, calm down! He is trying to anger you…” The one with the lightning bolt called out. “Anyways, don’t give him the satisfaction.”

Letum started laughing. “Would you get this over already, I have a schedule to keep.”

The man with the hammer screamed, and smashed Letum’s face, leaving a blood trail curving down his mouth. “Just shut up! Shut. Up.” He grabbed his golden hair.

Letum grinned. “Now, is that the way to treat your host?”

“Thor what is wrong with you!? You know he can easily kill you,” screamed the man with the lightning bolt.

What would the gods want with Letum? Amicus looked closer at the two pentagrams. What type of spell is this? I never had seen it before in my life. He threw his attention back on Letum. His eyes were an endless darkness and held a murderess rage in them. Is that… that monster really Letum? He looked at him in horror. What is this sinister feeling? He was scared beyond belief. Black aura started to emerge from Letum. The aura began dancing like flams.

“No… no…no. It can’t be.” Lucan cried. “Why, why does it have to be him?” his body begun to shake.

“Lucian what’s wrong?” Amicus grabbed Lucian’s hand. He is shivering. He looked at his face. Lucian’s eyes were filled with terror, his mouth was slightly open, and beads of tears were running down his face. “Lucian answers me!”

“Hurry start the incantation, we can’t let him overpower us!” screamed Zeus (man with the lightning bolt).

“I am not planning to.” Letum looked at the two boys. “I just have a small gift to give to my precious students.” A beam of the black aura shot across the rubble, and flew to the two boys.

Their sight blurred. What is happing? Why do I feel sick? Amicus looked at Letum who smiled. What is he saying? Why can’t I understand him? Light swallowed up Letum. Both Amicus’s and Lucian’s eyes closed.

Hey You guys and gals. hope you are enjoying the story tus far. Pleases vote and leave a comment. alrighty talk to yall later. 

Copyright © 2014 by Mark Raupp