Chapter Three

Chapter Three

After three hours of walking through old dusty trails that lead to the old inn. The inn was located in the center of an old run-down town. This town used to be a major city. The benders would see hundreds of people each day, but that all changed when a drought hit the town. Now everything was dust, and you had to walk five miles to the nearest water source, but overall the town was a nice quite place.

“Wait, were staying in this dump?” Amicus questioned as he looked up at the old Inn sign, which was falling apart from decay.

“Yes. It’s an old place, but the food here is great.” Letum laughed.

“So, the food cancels out that there may be rats running across my feet at night?” Amicus quickly replied, while rubbing the sweat off his brow.

“Most certainly.” Letum said with a huge smile on his face.

“Oh goody, I get to make new friends. We can stay up all night and talk about our childhood.” He nudged Letum in the shoulder. “Though, his life might have been short and only consisting of digging through trash, and what not, but I am sure we can have one hell of a conversation.” Amicus retorted.

“You go right ahead kid, but make sure you don’t stay up late, you have an early start tomorrow.” Letum snickered, as he walked through the Inn’s door.

“Yeah right, I’m not getting up early.” Amicus mumbled, at the same time he was following Letum through the doors. He stopped and faced his guards. “You two can stay out here for now, I’ll call you when I need you.”

They shook their heads. “Yes my prince.”

***

The inn was crowded, it almost seemed over packed. I thought this was supposed to be a deserted town. Every table was filled. Directly in front of the entrance was a counter lined with bread and pots filled with soup. The air was thick with the smell of garlic, onions, and the scent of the cooked bread. After a while you begin to smell the stench of men, sweet mixed with dirt and liquor. I rather go back to smelling the fresh scent of the cooked food, not this. Amicus covered his nosed with the long golden scarfed that was wrapped around his neck. He walked around looking for Letum, but he was nowhere in sight. Where the hell could he be at?

“Hey sweetie, How about you spend the night with me?” A prostitute wrapped her arms around Amicus. She was about five, five. She had blue eyes, and brown hair. She was an attractive woman.

“Um… um. No thanks.” Amicus bashfully said. His face turned into a deep red.

“Awe, you don’t have to worry I am clean.” She pulled herself closer to Amicus. He blushed even more. “Honey, it’s your first time isn’t it?” She nipped his nose. “Don’t worry, I’ll be gentle.” She slightly brushed the side of his cheek, which made him blush more.

Common Letum, where are you? Amicus looked around, with his eyes, until he finely spotted him. Letum was carrying a tray filled with food. There he is! He looked back at the prostitute.

“I am very sorry, but I have to meet someone. So… maybe next time?” Amicus gently pushed away from her.

“I will keep you too that.” She brushed the side of his face again. Then she walked away to flaunt with another man.

He took a deep breath. Now that is over. He ran towards Letum. “Letum, over here!” he screamed while waving his hand.

“I thought I told you to stay close? These people will eat you up.” Letum said with a concern look in his eye that quickly went away.