⬶A Helping Hand⤅

It's been a few days since the weird occurrence with the whispering. It's been relatively quiet since then. Nothing major happened. Just Kadzuki and the boys recovering.

Kyojuro still hasn't woken up, but Shinobu said the longer he sleeps the better. So I don't bother worrying about it.

Tanjiro came back from the Rengoku house, he went to look for the history on fire breathing Kyojuro told him about. He didn't say much other than he didn't have them, but he did brighten up slightly when I told him the good news. But not as much if I told him Kyojuro was awake.

Sanemi wasn't here today. I don't know why I expected him to be. Since it's only been a few days since he was last here. Same with Giyuu, I still really haven't got to know him which is disappointing, but I can say he is a good guy. The complete polar opposite of Sanemi.

Shinobu wasn't here either... so it was a rather quiet day. Nothing could be heard other than some murmur among the different nurses and patients and the rain pouring down from the cloudy sky outside.

I gently open one of the sliding doors leading outside, sliding it halfway open to take a peek outside... watching the rain gently pour down, forming a slight drizzle of water to engulf the entire garden of the estate.

I remember when the twins would dance and run around the rain. Begging for the rest of us to join them... Sometimes Daiki would join them but would regret as soon as he did. They would through mud balls at him, then scream saying he looked like a demon with the mud pouring down his face covering his eyes and mouth.

He would get so mad at them... I laughed to myself as I remembered the joyful memory.

When he would run into the house to try and clean himself up, he would get mud everywhere. Mother would get angry at him for getting the house dirty and kick him outside to wash off in the rain instead.

Those... were the nice times.

I shut the door while a frown formed onto my face. The memories hanging heavy on my shoulders. I had to fight back tears wanting to break free. I sighed and shuffled away from the door. Heading in further into the estate to see if anyone was awake I could talk to.

Giving up on watching the rain seeing as it began to get dark and I couldn't see anything.

I shuffled into the large shared room of the infirmary. The room had a warm atmosphere from the many lit candles littering the large room. An orange glow filling the room.

I scanned the room looking for anyone I knew. My gaze landed on the prized trio of boys sitting on their beds. Zenitsu and Tanjiro sitting one bed while Inosuke at on the other bed in front of them. They were bickering like they normally do, to no surprise, while chowing down on some food the nurses have given them.

I felt my lonely demeanor change slightly as I approached them. Crawling up behind Inosuke to sit next time him and face the other two. They stopped their arguing to notice me.

"Y/n!" Zenitsu beamed at me as did Tanjiro.

"Hey! What you doing on my bed!" Inosuke fumed at me instead of a greeting. His boar masked was off because he was eating at the time. So I was able to get a full view of his facial expressions.

"Well I wasn't going to sit on the floor now was I?" I giggled scooting closer to which he obviously looked confused while his mouth was still full of food.

"Go sit on that bed! You're small enough! You can fit!" He shouted, pointing at the other bed after he swallowed his food before shoveling in some more.

"Awww, you don't want to sit with me? I thought we were friends..." I pouted playfully. Knowing well he would have an overzealous reaction. Maybe his overreacting would lift the group's spirits.