✰Common Enemies✰

Giyuu stared down intensely at the smaller girl. Big round e/c staring up at him, swirling with a mix of emotions. Fear... Distaste... fight or flight. He could practically hear her heart drumming in her chest. 

Instead of saying anything like any normal person would do he just continued to stare down at her.

He heard about the new demon addition the demon slayers had and wanted to speak with her. Apologize for what happened on the mountain? Introduce himself? Have a friendly conversation? He had been thinking about it for quite some time now. Debating on what to say. He was more prepared he has ever been. 

"Uh..." She mumbled "Hi?"

He immediately pivoted on his heel and began walking away. A sweat breaking at the back of his neck. He thought he could do it. But in fact, he couldn't. Not being a social person before and still can't be a social person now.

What? I thought to myself as I stared at the back of his retreating form. I was rightfully confused. He stared at me for the longest time as if he was going to say something. But he didn't.

I began to cautiously follow behind him. Slowly piecing together the situation. I could almost visibly see his tail tucked between his legs as he quickly hurried off. 

What in the actual...

So I quickly ran up to him and tugged on his haori sleeve firmly. He stopped once I stood in front of him. All my fear from before gone and replaced with curiosity and confusion. His deep blue alluring eyes stared down into mine once again. His lips pulled down into a frown.

"You can't just creep up behind me and not say anything." I scold. My brows furrowed deeply. "That's weird." 

His face remained unchanged. Almost like a pout. He spoke. "Sorry..." He then began to walk again, purposely moving around me to get past.

"Ah! Hey! Don't walk away." I jogged slightly to catch up with him and keep up with his pace. "What's your name?" I asked straining to keep up.

"Giyuu." He said blandly in a monotone voice.

"Do you have a last name?"

"Tomioka."

We walked in silence for a few moments. Er well... he walked while I... briskly... walked. "You don't have many friends, do you?" He suddenly halted in his steps. The blank expression on his face becoming even blank-ier?? If that was even possible? He stared down at his feet and I almost thought he was going cry.

Geez... fragile...

"I-... I'm liked."

"...Really?"

He sighed heavily continuing to stare down at the ground as if in deep thought. I felt my heart sink slightly at the... pitiful... sight.

As I stared at him, I was quickly thinking of different ways to redirect the still declining conversation. "Uh- Well what do you like?" I nervously spit out. "Like what's your favorite food?" 

"...Salmon... simmered sal-"

"Oi! Demon trash!"

...Well, that's fun...

 A loud voice called at me from down the hallway. Cutting Giyuu off midsentence. I could feel veins wanting to pop out of my head at the name. I didn't even need to turn around to know who called me such a humiliating name.   

"What?" I snapped, rolling my eyes as I did so.

"Damnit didn't I tell you not to talk to me like that?!" He shouted, storming up behind me. Grabbing my arm harshly.