🚂Choo Choo Gang🚂

SPOILER! If you haven't read the manga please proceed with caution. Things from this point on could contain spoilers!

----------------------------------------

"What kinda animal is that!?" Inosuke shouted pointing to the large steel train. My eyes skimming over all the tiny details and all the little gadgets that make the train go. My e/c hues scanning over the bronze steel plack built onto the front of the train. 'Infinity' Strange name for a train if you ask me. But what do I know? I'm just a country girl.

"It's the lord of the land! It slides across the earth! It's so long and overwhelming! Be careful I think it's asleep right now!" Inosuke shivered as he spoke.

"What? No, it's a steam engine." Zenitsu deadpanned looking at Inosuke like he was an idiot. Not like that's wrong... but it's mean!

"Inosuke have you never seen a train before?" I asked. Watching him cautiously move around, watching the train very closely.

"Shh! Calm down!" He whispered shouted, sweat visibly pouring from his mask. Kadzuki raised an eyebrow with her arms crossed, looking down at him from the corner of her eye.

"I think you need to calm down Pig Boy."

"Maybe it's the guardian deity of this place! A surprise attack would be a good idea!" Tanjiro beamed. Slamming his fist into his open palm. I could hear Kadzuki heave a sigh and laugh lightly under her breath.

"It's a T R A I N you idiots!" Zenitsu deadpanned for the second time now. Trying to spell it out to the two clueless boys.

Inosuke full speed rammed his head into the side of one of the train cars, causing a vibration to vibrate through the large chunk of steel and making it shift slightly, almost unseen. "What the hell!?" Zenitsu screamed pulling Inosuke away from the train.

"You'll get us kicked out!" Kadzuki helped pulled him back, only using one hand while Zenitsu had to use two. I yanked on Kadzuki's haori from my spot in the basket try to grab her attention. She averted her eyes from the boar child and the train to look at me. I awkwardly smiled and pointed towards the guards shouting and running towards us. I could hear the defeated sigh that escaped her.

"OH NO!" Zenitsu screeched, jumping onto Inosukes back just by pure instinct.

"Run!" Tanjiro shouted.

I ducked into the basket quickly, holding my knees to my chest tightly. The basket is small and not made to hold a person in it, so this was uncomfortable while Kadzuki was running. While I was in my compacted position I felt something hard where my knees and chest met. I looked down and felt around for it. Once I felt the hard rock in my hand I brought it up close to my eyes to be able to see it in the dark.

It was the pendent Shinobu gave me before we left.

~~~

"Ah! Miss Y/n! May I have a moment with you!" I heard Shinobu called from within the estate right before I could hop into Kadzuki's basket. I froze in place and swallowed the thick saliva the suddenly built up in my throat. I turned slightly to see her approaching. Remembering the horrible moment I yelled at her about being selfish when she literally runs recovery estate. "I justed wanted to get the chance to apologize to you before you left~" Her soft voice sung.

"A-...Apologize?"

"Why yes! I had no right to look down on you simply because you're a demon. I lost myself with rage and didn't even think about what I was saying..." She paused, her eyes softening. "In reality, feel just as much sorrow as I do. I lost one person. My sister... You lost everyone. And I only blamed you for it instead of providing care and assistance as I promised I would when my sister died." She smiled at me and pulled a long pendant out of her pocket. It was simple, a sliver ball the was cut in half then tied back together with small leather string was hung from a thin leather rope.